Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why do so many teen girls want babies?

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2009 at 4:40 PM
  • 181 Replies

I am astounded by the number of teen girls who either get pregnant on purpose, have unprotected sex constantly, or even who get pregnant accidentally but choose to keep the pregnancy and won't consider adoption.

I am talking about girls as young as 13 or 14.  So my question is WHY?  What is lacking in their home lives that makes them so desperate to have a child?

by on Oct. 24, 2009 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aprilaya
by on Oct. 24, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Sounds crazy I know but I was told that it is the new trend??? I do not agree with it either but this is what I was told.

Lilcountrygrl86
by Amber on Oct. 24, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Quoting futureshock:

I am astounded by the number of teen girls who either get pregnant on purpose, have unprotected sex constantly, or even who get pregnant accidentally but choose to keep the pregnancy and won't consider adoption.

I am talking about girls as young as 13 or 14.  So my question is WHY?  What is lacking in their home lives that makes them so desperate to have a child?

Who knows. Lack of disapline, and for attention. I dont know for sure, all I know is if my daughter ever acted that way I would kick her butt.

TheFoo
by on Oct. 24, 2009 at 4:44 PM
3 moms liked this

Many times they feel unloved and feel that a baby is something that they can love and will love them back unconditionally. I never had this problem but had friends at that age that wanted babies for that reason.

CafeMom Tickers

a_elder92376

IMO its not that they are lacking things in their home, its the fact that society says its ok now. middle school and high school kids are getting pregnant and getting so much attention from the fellow students and getting baby showers and gifts and all sorts of other things from their fellow students, and i think that kids who see that and say that could be me getting all this attention finally getting to be popular. because now days being a cheerleader or being on the football team doesnt make you the most popular kid in school, they are going by how many ppl you have slept with and how many kids you have. this is just my opinion. but those girls see others being treated this way and they want all the attention for themselves.

Photobucket

vatofamily
1 mom liked this

Because babies are fun, duh!

BTW--I'm serious.

MattsLilly
by on Oct. 24, 2009 at 4:47 PM

A lot of teens try because of something there missing in there life, attention from there parents, something to love that will love them back. I have had 6 friends get pregnant by the age 13-15 for those reasons.

inspain
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Because lots of girls/women really believe that the ability to lay an egg somehow makes them special.  They love the attention - positive and negative.  Some do it because they have a desire to be loved unconditionally and they think that a baby will do that because no one else in their lives has.  Lack of education and parental involvement are the real culprits.

SweeThang931
by on Oct. 24, 2009 at 4:48 PM

I think it's a cry for attention and love from their parents.  I never had that problem but I've had friends who have told me they wished their parents cared about what they did like mine still do. And also they don't understand the work that a baby requires.  They don't get the sleepless nights, endless crying etc.  They just see the cute baby.

CafeMom Tickers
possummom
by on Oct. 24, 2009 at 4:51 PM

cause it is the new trend. look at how many magazines now put teen moms in hollywood on the cover. i was driving the back roads home after going to the store last week...i was just glancing at all the kids at the bus stops and being careful. middle schoolers were waiting for their buses. i saw a girl about 13 looking to be about 7 months along. i almost cried.

doosti
by on Oct. 24, 2009 at 4:52 PM

i dont think that girls should get pregnant that young but if they do i dont think they should have to consider adoption.i was older when i got pregnant but i was 15 when i lost my virginity and i was late after(wasnt pregnant tho but took a test) but if i was pregnant i wouldnt never even CONSIDER adoption. i got pregnant when i was 17,found out after me and the father broke up and it never crossed my mind,i could never just give my baby away(nothing against adoption! i think its great,just not for me) but i lost that baby. and i got pregnant again at 18(planned with my dh)

Quoting futureshock:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)