Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

All time low (NIGHTMARE)

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2007 at 11:11 AM
  • 15 Replies
Hello ladies. Happy Easter!I had a nightmare. It was so bad that I cried when waking up not to long ago. My fiance just held me. I had a dream that I had an infant and someone accidentally killed him. I don't want to get into details but I'm so depressed. It feels like it's real. The feelings I have inside are feelings I have never felt b4. I cry as I write this. Has anyone else had dreams they have never dreamt b4 when pregnant? I have had other dreams too, but they were good ones. They were so vivid and so detailed. I had a nice dream once about having my baby and I was holding him (I'm wanting a boy) and I could see every precious detail about him. The detail that stood out the most was his little wet mouth with his little tongue moving.
by on Apr. 8, 2007 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sammiegurl351
by on Apr. 8, 2007 at 11:13 AM
when i was pregnant with katrina i had a dream that i was in the car with my aunt or my cuz(i cannot remember,it WAS 16 yrs ago,lol)and we went through this green light and a semi hit us on MY side,then i woke up.strange huh?
cheerioprincess
by on Apr. 8, 2007 at 11:17 AM
Aww sweetie, I think we all have bizarre and even scary dreams when we were pregnant.  I remember 2, one when I was pregnant and I dreamt I had lost my baby at a mall of some sort.  I couldn't find her anywhere and I woke with panic thick in my throat.  The second was when my 3rd child was about two months old I had a dream that I couldn't breastfeed anymore and she died of starvation in a shoebox under our bed. You are not alone, and I can only assume its hormonal
Drop me a line if you want to chat.
~Dani~
liammadiabi
by on Apr. 8, 2007 at 11:20 AM
I had all kinds of crazy dreams when I was pregnant. Once I dreamed I pulled my child out of my own stomach!!!! They all felt real. I also had very bad ones. It is normal, bc of your hormones you can dream all kinds of strange stuff. Dont worry about it to much.
meagen3
by on Apr. 8, 2007 at 11:20 AM
This is definitely a post for me! I definitely had some weird dreams while I was pregnant with my son, but the real nightmares didn't happen until after I had him! To this day (and being pregnant again doesn't help) almost every night while trying to fall asleep and while sleeping, I have these dreams that something bad is going to happen to my son and/or fiancee. Anything from someone sneaking in my son's room to kidnap him to something as horrible as someone kidnapping my son while we are walking in the airport and while I try and get him back, they shoot him. I know this is graphic, but that's not even thoe worst I've had. So many of the others that I have had I couldn't even begin to tell others. They would think I was nuts! I have heard that mothers have a tendency to dream the worst scenarios or their worst fears in their lives...or something like that. I have beenso scared that I have like 4 different escape plans if anyone tries to break in or if a fire breaks out...lol. I hope your dreams will only get better!
maddysmomma
by on Apr. 8, 2007 at 11:27 AM
Having those horrible dreams when you are pregnant is not only normal but expected.  They totally suck though.  I used to wake up twice a week in a cold sweat.  My reoccurring one was losing my baby somewhere and I could hear her crying but I couldn't get to her.  It was awful, then in my ninth month I started having really good dreams where I could actually see her and touch her and sometimes I even felt like I was nursing.
Celestianna
by on Apr. 8, 2007 at 11:42 AM
I had a creepy/funny dream when I was pregnant. I was in K-mart (I absolutely hate that store and only shop thereif absolutely neccesary) but I had two little girls with me. Both had red hair and blue eyes (just like my husband) one was around 2 and the other was about 5. The little one was in the cart, the older one was walking next to the cart. I turned down an aisle with a bunch of toy boxes. The older girl started to open up one of the boxes and I told her to stop or she was gonna break it. Right then the entire toy box collapsed. Then she said a very bad word. I got super embarrased and left the store. I woke up and still felt embarrased.
2007mommy2be
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2007 at 11:48 AM
Yeah. Did u ever have very vivid dreams? Do u feel that ur dreans were diff than when u werent preg? I do!
Quoting sammiegurl351:

when i was pregnant with katrina i had a dream that i was in the car with my aunt or my cuz(i cannot remember,it WAS 16 yrs ago,lol)and we went through this green light and a semi hit us on MY side,then i woke up.strange huh?
2007mommy2be
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2007 at 11:50 AM
Omg ... Im just so upset about it still. Im sorry u had those dreams. In my nightmare,  had even breast fed the baby and I felt the sensation of the baby laching on to my nipple. Thanks for ur reply.
Quoting cheerioprincess:

Aww sweetie, I think we all have bizarre and even scary dreams when we were pregnant.  I remember 2, one when I was pregnant and I dreamt I had lost my baby at a mall of some sort.  I couldn't find her anywhere and I woke with panic thick in my throat.  The second was when my 3rd child was about two months old I had a dream that I couldn't breastfeed anymore and she died of starvation in a shoebox under our bed. You are not alone, and I can only assume its hormonal
Drop me a line if you want to chat.
~Dani~
2007mommy2be
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2007 at 11:54 AM
I wish I didnt but this is a first for me, even though I was preg b4 (miscarried) ... well this is new for me! Its so disturbing. Im really trying not to think about it too much. I thought maybe if I talked about it it would help. Especially since ur all mothers or mothers to be an probably have gone thru it urselves.
Quoting liammadiabi:

I had all kinds of crazy dreams when I was pregnant. Once I dreamed I pulled my child out of my own stomach!!!! They all felt real. I also had very bad ones. It is normal, bc of your hormones you can dream all kinds of strange stuff. Dont worry about it to much.
2007mommy2be
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2007 at 11:57 AM
Well u made me lol! Thanks! I needed that. Man ... being a mom is going to be a bit tougher than I thought. Im already super protective and he/she isnt even born yet. Yeah ... I think Im going to super study on how to be a safe parent and all precautions to take. Thanks for ur reply. Oh and I dont think I am ... I am going to !
Quoting meagen3:

This is definitely a post for me! I definitely had some weird dreams while I was pregnant with my son, but the real nightmares didn't happen until after I had him! To this day (and being pregnant again doesn't help) almost every night while trying to fall asleep and while sleeping, I have these dreams that something bad is going to happen to my son and/or fiancee. Anything from someone sneaking in my son's room to kidnap him to something as horrible as someone kidnapping my son while we are walking in the airport and while I try and get him back, they shoot him. I know this is graphic, but that's not even thoe worst I've had. So many of the others that I have had I couldn't even begin to tell others. They would think I was nuts! I have heard that mothers have a tendency to dream the worst scenarios or their worst fears in their lives...or something like that. I have beenso scared that I have like 4 different escape plans if anyone tries to break in or if a fire breaks out...lol. I hope your dreams will only get better!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)