Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Hello ladies. Happy Easter!I had a nightmare. It was so bad that I cried when waking up not to long ago. My fiance just held me. I had a dream that I had an infant and someone accidentally killed him. I don't want to get into details but I'm so depressed. It feels like it's real. The feelings I have inside are feelings I have never felt b4. I cry as I write this. Has anyone else had dreams they have never dreamt b4 when pregnant? I have had other dreams too, but they were good ones. They were so vivid and so detailed. I had a nice dream once about having my baby and I was holding him (I'm wanting a boy) and I could see every precious detail about him. The detail that stood out the most was his little wet mouth with his little tongue moving.
by on Apr. 8, 2007 at 11:11 AM
Replies (11-15):
2007mommy2be
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2007 at 11:58 AM
Oh my gosh .. I have had one like that. I was holding him. It was so vivid and I could see his lil tongue and saliva it was so precious. In this nightmare I had ... I breastfed him and I even felt the sensation on my nipple.
Quoting maddysmomma:

Having those horrible dreams when you are pregnant is not only normal but expected.  They totally suck though.  I used to wake up twice a week in a cold sweat.  My reoccurring one was losing my baby somewhere and I could hear her crying but I couldn't get to her.  It was awful, then in my ninth month I started having really good dreams where I could actually see her and touch her and sometimes I even felt like I was nursing.
2007mommy2be
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2007 at 12:00 PM
LOL! Isnt it weird how u can carry a feeling out of a dream? Hey .. thanks for makin me lol!
Quoting Celestianna:

I had a creepy/funny dream when I was pregnant. I was in K-mart (I absolutely hate that store and only shop thereif absolutely neccesary) but I had two little girls with me. Both had red hair and blue eyes (just like my husband) one was around 2 and the other was about 5. The little one was in the cart, the older one was walking next to the cart. I turned down an aisle with a bunch of toy boxes. The older girl started to open up one of the boxes and I told her to stop or she was gonna break it. Right then the entire toy box collapsed. Then she said a very bad word. I got super embarrased and left the store. I woke up and still felt embarrased.
rantan
by on Apr. 8, 2007 at 12:05 PM
 Oh yeah. I had a dream when I was about 5months that my water broke and I lost him. In the dream, my husband said "Jeez, what are you so upset about we can try again" When I woke up I was so mad at him still. And kept crying 'cause I just knew something was wrong. It wasn't and everything was fine, but my DH still says "Hey do remember that time....." haha. Gotta love the hormones. ~ Tanya
2007mommy2be
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2007 at 12:16 PM
Lol about him bringing it up still. And Im glad nothing happened to ur baby. Thank u for ur reply. Have a happy Easter.
Quoting rantan:

Oh yeah. I had a dream when I was about 5months that my water broke and I lost him. In the dream, my husband said "Jeez, what are you so upset about we can try again" When I woke up I was so mad at him still. And kept crying 'cause I just knew something was wrong. It wasn't and everything was fine, but my DH still says "Hey do remember that time....." haha. Gotta love the hormones. ~ Tanya
steinbabiesmama
by on Apr. 8, 2007 at 12:46 PM
I have to be honest, my husband had all the vivid nightmares while I was pregnant-partly because he was deployed and knew he wouldn't get home till be was almost 4 months old.

I know that with my two pregnancies my dreams were vivid and so true to life that it was almost rediculous - I usually dreamt about what I last saw on TV or what I last read in the newspaper or in a book.

My nightmares came about the last two weeks before my due date  for both my pregnancies- my dreams were about the labor. Scary as hell never knowing about the health of your baby.

Try making sure you're relaxed and all the day's stress and dramas are behind you, light a lavender/chamomile candle (if you can stand the smell), I use to light the candle sit in a warm shower with the water beating down on me to calm me and then I drank my pregnancy tea while reading belly laughs or watching a movie like Grease, Serendipity, Ever After, etc. (something funny and not so crazy) before bed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN