Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

why wont he crawl??

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 12:27 PM
  • 19 Replies

my ds is 10 months old and he still wont get up on his hands and knees and crawl. he's mastered the army crawl but i want him to hands and knees crawl! he did it the other day but only about 3 steps and then he was back on his belly. also he just started to pull up on things just yesterday. my friends daughter is 2 weeks older than him and she's pulling up on everything perfectly and she has been for a long time. she's also crawling on her hands and knees really good. and again, she's been doing that for a long time. i feel like my son is developing slowly. is this my fault?? or am i just overreacting? i mean, he doesnt even have teeth yet! i guess i just wanted him to be lke his daddy and crawl and walk before other babies.

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

The Mamalicious Group:
http://www.cafemom.com/group/106120

i am not a woman who lost my baby weight in two weeks, lets others control my parenting, and is never tired. but i am strong. i am invincible.
I AM MOM.

i'm a formula feeding, vaxing, disposable diaper using,  husband loving, blog everything, non drug using, co-sleeping, cio, speak my mind kind of mom.

by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2009 at 12:31 PM

My son never crawled on his knees he didn't like the way it felt he did the army crawl and right before he statrted walking he would crawl on his hands and feet. Don't worry as long as he can get around he's doing good Oh and the teeth thing my oldest was 15 months before her first tooth came in all her 1st b-day pics are gummy grins  

00momma00
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 12:34 PM

I never crawled, neither did my brother. Maybe he will just go straight to walking.

brittneyon
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 12:35 PM

lol. aww. so it isnt bad that his teeth arent in? we go to the pedi friday but i think moms sometimes know more than they do. lol.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

My son never crawled on his knees he didn't like the way it felt he did the army crawl and right before he statrted walking he would crawl on his hands and feet. Don't worry as long as he can get around he's doing good Oh and the teeth thing my oldest was 15 months before her first tooth came in all her 1st b-day pics are gummy grins  

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

The Mamalicious Group:
http://www.cafemom.com/group/106120

i am not a woman who lost my baby weight in two weeks, lets others control my parenting, and is never tired. but i am strong. i am invincible.
I AM MOM.

i'm a formula feeding, vaxing, disposable diaper using,  husband loving, blog everything, non drug using, co-sleeping, cio, speak my mind kind of mom.

mamaslilpunkin
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2009 at 12:36 PM

I don't think crawling is a neccesary milestone,most pediatricians agree.He'll walk in his own time.Why does it matter that he 'army crawls'? In his mind,he's getting from point A to point B,no matter how he does it. Shouldn't compare him to other babies his own age,as they all walk/crawl/whatever in their own time. You will just make yourself crazy comparing him to other kids,been there! 

Lilypie
monseymom
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 12:37 PM

My son learned to crawl at 11 months, crawled for 1 month then started walking. Not all babies crawl.

newagemom700

some babies skip crawling all together! and try not to compare your child to another...each baby develops at differant rates-I made this mistake and stressed myself out for no reason. I too have a girlfriend who's daughter was maybe 3 weeks older than my son and I have found that girls also develop faster than boys....anyways...dont worry too much. He is doing fine. Some children are late bloomers and some are really early. I actually think though that yours is on track.

MommaBunch84

Some babies don't crawl at all. My husband rolled, then walked. He'll do it when he's ready.

With teeth Connor got his 1st teeth at 9 months. Mason didn't get his 1st teeth until the week before he turned 1. Then a week later his 2 top teeth came in.

BethPrice1345
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 12:38 PM

The teeth thing is not bad. My cousins baby didn't get her first teeth til 13 months. My baby only has the bottom 2 and he's 12 months. He got his first at 9.5 months and second right after around 10 months. He is fine!

About the crawling...do you have hardwood floors? My friends baby won't crawl on the hardwoods, he only does the army crawling too.

Quoting brittneyon:

lol. aww. so it isnt bad that his teeth arent in? we go to the pedi friday but i think moms sometimes know more than they do. lol.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

RyleighsMoM3505
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM

My DD never crawled. She went straight to pulling up and walking at around 10 months... Every kid does things at a different rate. There are no time restrictions, he'll do it soon or he may just start walking...

Quoting brittneyon:

my ds is 10 months old and he still wont get up on his hands and knees and crawl. he's mastered the army crawl but i want him to hands and knees crawl! he did it the other day but only about 3 steps and then he was back on his belly. also he just started to pull up on things just yesterday. my friends daughter is 2 weeks older than him and she's pulling up on everything perfectly and she has been for a long time. she's also crawling on her hands and knees really good. and again, she's been doing that for a long time. i feel like my son is developing slowly. is this my fault?? or am i just overreacting? i mean, he doesnt even have teeth yet! i guess i just wanted him to be lke his daddy and crawl and walk before other babies.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2009 at 12:40 PM

some kids just get teeth later then others out of my 5 3 didn't get teeth till after 1 and 2 got teeth by 8 months you can't make your slef feel bad because he's not doing what other babies are doing he will do it in his own time as long as he's not super behind (and it doesn't sound that way) don't be in too big of a hurry to get him to grow up enjoy him they start doing stuff so fast after 1 it seems like everyday they laern something new

Quoting brittneyon:

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)