Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My dog just ate Raisins!!!! Is this really bad??????

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 4:50 PM
  • 6 Replies

My dog is just over 8 lbs, and I walked to the kitchen and came back to the living room and I noticed my table was empty.  I think she jumped on the couch and reached over and ate probably 8 cooked raisins.  They were in my muffin and I pulled them out.  I know Grapes are really bad for dogs... any advice please?

by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mom_of_2_in_ny
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 4:57 PM

It shouldnt be "really bad", but you dog may throw it up or get the runs. My dog usually throws it back up.  

 




 
              




 

meadow42005
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 4:58 PM

nothing has ever happened to my rat terrier she loves grapes and choc she eats everything that i doand has never gotten sick

Silvia1011
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2009 at 4:59 PM

I decided to call the vet right after I posted since I noticed they were still open.  The vet said it shouldn't cause her any harm.  Phew!! :)  Thanks!

SunnyJoJo
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 5:00 PM

They are toxic in large doses. So I think a few will be fine. Just watch to see if your pooch is lethargic or sick.

                                                     HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

inspain
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Dog may puke, but unless you're certain that it was only a few raisins, I'd take him to the vet.  It takes very few raisins to cause renal failure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grape_and_raisin_toxicity_in_dogs

Silvia1011
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM


Quoting inspain:

Dog may puke, but unless you're certain that it was only a few raisins, I'd take him to the vet.  It takes very few raisins to cause renal failure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grape_and_raisin_toxicity_in_dogs

I only pulled out around 8 small raisins, and the vet said that's not enough to cause her harm.  But I'll keep an eye on her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)