Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Has anyone had MRSA?

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 6:12 PM
  • 6 Replies

I was just diagnosed with MRSA and I am freaking out! I have read and heard so many things in the last 8 hours of being diagnosed that I am scared to do anything right now. Anyone have any experience with this?

by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
angie729
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2009 at 6:15 PM

My son had it in August. He went to the dr and they put him on antibodics and said watch it. Well about two days later it got to be the size of a golf ball so I had to take him to the er (dr was closed) and they lanced and drained it then packed it with a special gauze. Every day it had to be cleaned and a small amout of gauze pulled out till it was all out. He is fine now...he dose have a reddish mark on his arm where it was. I then develped staph induced celluituis form cleaning his wound. That was painfull but after a  round of antibodics it was all better. Hope this helps and your better soon.

texassahm
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2009 at 6:15 PM

My husband is a high school swim coach, which means he is in a warm, wet, and bacteria laden environment several hours a day - he has had it twice.  Once on each of his forearms.  He is fine.  He got a strong anti-biotic and some steroid cream of some kind and it went away. 

My stepdaughter is a swimmer and she got it on her torso, a small area, but again - anti-biotics and a cream and she was fine.

You are going to be okay.  :)

adamjackie
by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Thank you so much! I was told by one friend today that it is not curable and I will have it for life and infect everyone I come in contact with. After hearing that I wanted to lock myself up away from my kids and the world.

Quoting angie729:

My son had it in August. He went to the dr and they put him on antibodics and said watch it. Well about two days later it got to be the size of a golf ball so I had to take him to the er (dr was closed) and they lanced and drained it then packed it with a special gauze. Every day it had to be cleaned and a small amout of gauze pulled out till it was all out. He is fine now...he dose have a reddish mark on his arm where it was. I then develped staph induced celluituis form cleaning his wound. That was painfull but after a  round of antibodics it was all better. Hope this helps and your better soon.

adamjackie
by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 6:18 PM

Thank you! It is helping hearing this. I was in tears earlier from all the stories I heard.

Quoting texassahm:

My husband is a high school swim coach, which means he is in a warm, wet, and bacteria laden environment several hours a day - he has had it twice.  Once on each of his forearms.  He is fine.  He got a strong anti-biotic and some steroid cream of some kind and it went away. 

My stepdaughter is a swimmer and she got it on her torso, a small area, but again - anti-biotics and a cream and she was fine.

You are going to be okay.  :)

MNLETLE
by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Yeah. Delt with it. Me, my DD, brother, dad...friend...lots of people. It's been horrible. I got it from the hospital when I gave birth to DD. Lovely huh? In almost all likely hood you'll be fine. Get well soon though I know it's painful. Over the counter pain killer helps a lot more then you'd think if you are in a lot of pain.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

knagsmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2009 at 6:32 PM

you will always have it. its dormet. i had it 3 times. onece on my finger from a register at work. even though i was cleaning the register no one esle did. the other two were on my side and leg. if the doc gave u rimafan and bactrum that would clear the staph. just make sure to always clean ur cuts and scraps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)