Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I f*cking hate my neighbors. Do you hate yours? *cursing*

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:10 AM
  • 91 Replies

Seriously, why is it no matter what apartment I move into, I get either the scariest or most petty neighbors imagineable?

The last apartment complex I lived right next to 2 abusive relationships.  The guy across from me would actually beat up his girlfriend in the hallway, and she kept letting him back in.  The girl beside me got strangled by her ex when she filed a restraining order and if my hubby hadn't come up those stairs he probably would have killed her.

Now we've moved into this really nice upscale place and everything was cool.  Until I recieved a "violation notice" from my landlords saying our neighbor across the way made a complaint about "loud tv" and "slamming doors."

Fucking excuse me.  Loud TVs I have NEVER done or allowed because I get really lousy headaches.  And slamming doors?  PLEASE!  I HAVE KIDS, and THEY HAVE KIDS TOO, and I hear their kids crying and them having their screaming matches all the damn time and I've never reported it.  Why?  Because it's fucking apartment life and I'm not petty enough to do that shit unless I think someone's in danger.

Of course, now that they've pulled this shit, my husband is going to call and contest the violation because it's absolute bull - and if I hear those two screaming about how they're going to fucking kill each other, I'm going to call and not lose a wink of sleep over it.  I'm done being nice to everyone and always bending over backwards to make everyone happy - well, not this time, stranger!

I can't wait until we can get our own house in a few years, hopefully.  Sigh..../end vent

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iheartmyshaman
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Seriously?  Nobody hates their neighbors?  Or a neighbor of some kind?

inspain
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:18 AM

I guess I'm lucky.  My neighbors vary from mildly amusing to odd, yet entertaining.

The worst neighbor I ever had was in Miami.  His kids used to pee against the fence, into my garden and he and his wife would throw chicken bones into my pool.  The day I sold the house and left town, right before I left for the airport, I climbed up onto the dog house and I poured a bucket with 4 weeks of stale urine (yes, I planned this for a while) over the fence and onto his brand-new canvas tent and upholstered patio set. 

iheartmyshaman
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:19 AM

*FALLS DOWN LAUGHING*

Omg.  I should totally throw old smelly diapers on their balcony when we move out of here xD

Quoting inspain:

I guess I'm lucky.  My neighbors vary from mildly amusing to odd, yet entertaining.

The worst neighbor I ever had was in Miami.  His kids used to pee against the fence, into my garden and he and his wife would throw chicken bones into my pool.  The day I sold the house and left town, right before I left for the airport, I climbed up onto the dog house and I poured a bucket with 4 weeks of stale urine (yes, I planned this for a while) over the fence and onto his brand-new canvas tent and upholstered patio set. 

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:20 AM

nope. sorry. cant say that i hate your neighbors. lol jk jk

our neighbors are actually pretty good. they are really quiet. only time i heard the guy "yell" was during the OSU football game "ahh- COME ON!" lol they do smoke weed and it goes through the vent system. but it only goes into our one bathroom so it doesnt really matter much to me.

the old neighbors- i hated her. always had something to say, or always had to stir up drama somehow in the neighborhood. i'm pissed that my mom goes over there sometimes, but misery loves company.

mommyof2boys20
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:20 AM

that is just freaking great lol but how did you keep the smell of the urine from coming up ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Quoting inspain:

twitchymom78
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:20 AM
cant say i do. all of my neighbors speak spanish...
wells75904
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Yea I hate my neighbors they drive me insane, they come into my house without knocking and borrow my crap, they pop in at inconvienient times, wake my kids up from naps and feed them junk foor all the time, they are my in laws......

Need Help Saving Money? Check out 

Frugal and Thrifty Moms-This group is a place to come to get recipes, advice, to chat, have fun, let your hair down and talk about cooking, recipes, budgeting, menu planning, and all things related to making our households run more smoothly.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugal_And_Thrifty_Moms

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:22 AM

My neighbors are constantly changing. I have no one to the left ATM, the people to the right have only been there about 5 months and I've met them once. The people directly across the street just moved in this past weekend ----- I'm SO glad to be rid of the people who live there before them!!! They had 3 teenagers who all drove and parked thier cars in front of MY house... and blasted their shitty as music coming home at 2330 and thier shitty ass clunkers which sounded like soup cans trailing after newlyweds.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

ajdobri
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:22 AM

Yep...I do NOT like my neighbors at all!  I had my dad and my brother build me a 6 foot privacy fence so I dont have to deal with them.  And to think, I just bought my house and I have to live here for 3 years before I can sell! 

heavenlyangl420
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Quoting inspain:

lmso thats too funny

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)