Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Extreme Makeover Home Edition is coming to my town

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:11 AM
  • 18 Replies

I think it is pretty cool...DH and I are going to volunteer.  Has it ever came to your town?

7-13-200990049AM.gif picture by princessaquarius_0123

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:13 AM

It came near me!  Actually, one of the girls in the family works at the daycare my girls used to go to!  They were the deaf family that they re-did the whole house with deaf friendly gadgets for :)  I didn't get to go, though, because I had school and work and just never had a free minute to help...I would have loved to if I could have!

mommymelissa24
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:13 AM

I love that show! That is awesome!!!

We live in Corpus Christi Texas and to my knowledge it has never come here before. I would be a volunteer too if it came here.

LuvmySFSGT
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Yep...just left our town...and most of the crew that appears on TV are total stuck up assholes...

MikeysMom51108
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Just a few months ago, they were at a house in a city about an hour from here (they were actually right down the street from where I work). It was a lot of drama though...

devasmom
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Nope. I do want to nominate my parents, though. They have lived in the same house since 1969. My dad is 67 and still working at the same job he has had since 1963. He would like to retire, but can't with all the things that need fixing at their house. I would LOVE for them to get their home redone so my dad can retire.

I would love to be a volunteer, I think that is so great that you and your DH will be helping out. Let us know when the show will air. How exciting!!!

of 6of 3 beautiful girls

KotaBaby
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:15 AM

I live in Charlotte, NC and it has came here once that I know of. There was a family who owned an in-home daycare center and I THINK the son was allergic to mold...I cannot remember if that's what was wrong with him. It was pretty cool though!

randmmom05
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Yes, they actually were just down the street from me here in Clarksville Tn just a few days ago.

De_Chick
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

Yep...just left our town...and most of the crew that appears on TV are total stuck up assholes...

Really? Well that kills that illusion for me.

We've never had them here and I thought it would be great to be involved in something like that.

JDTDBLDNAE
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Yeah they built a house for a family in my town...and about a year later....the house was a COMPLETE dump.

LilMama814
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:19 AM

yes... they have come to my town... They came to Livermore Cal for a family who lost their parents and the two older kids were taking care of a family of 8. This happened in 2004. it was awesome! here you go...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)