Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when did your.................ugh should I be worried?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:40 AM
  • 22 Replies

when did your baby start walking? My dd is 12 mo old....she stands holding on to things but that is IT!!! We got her one of those toys with wheels they push to help them walk. she pushes it, sits down crawls to it and then stands up and does it again. If I try to stand her up and hold her hands to walk, she starts jumping around (playing) instead of "walking" should I be worried? I feel like she should be walking! My son was walking by 1!!!

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MikeysMom51108
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:41 AM

My son started walking 2 days after he turned 14 months. I wouldn't worry yet if I were you.

1sttime_mommy2b
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:42 AM

no don't be worried, they all do it at their own pace.  Some don't start until 14 mths!

mrsjmomma
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:43 AM

DD didn't walk till she was 15 months! I was starting to get worried but she's gonna be 3 now, she was just fine!  I'm sure yours is too!  I always say she was focusing solely on talking and couldn't be bothered with the walking! 

x_sabine_x
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Don't worry about it! My son didn't walk until he was 1 1/2 years old. Every child is different. My son cruised along the furniture forever! I think he was just scared to let go, he wasn't even using the furniture to support himself for the last few months.

-Ellen-

Tams_jade

My DD started walking a week or so after her first birthday but a friend from works DD is 14m and isn't walking yet.. I wouldn't worry every child is different.

CMcLaws

My DD was the same way! She had just turned 13 months and wasn't walking at all, not one step. We went out of town to spend some time with family, and my sister and her 2 year old were going to be there. I put my DD on the floor to play with the 2 year old, and she took one look at him walking, stood up in the middle of the floor, and walked off after him, like she had been walking for months!  HAHA it was so funny!!

jothra
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:45 AM

My oldest started walking at 13.5 mo and then started running after that. He's 4 and still hasn't stopped. My baby started walking at 12 mo and at 15 mo he is just starting to run more now. Had more a problem with how he was walking, but he's figuring it out, finally! I don't think they start worrying until they are 16-17 mo.

MarineWifey0708
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:46 AM

my dd started walking when she was 9 months old. but thats just her. dont be worried like the other moms said all kiddos do it in their own time when they are ready

ELIJAH WYATT born at 831 pm on oct 23rd  lived for 3 hours until 11 pm then passed away. you are truly loved and missed. *my sweet baby boy*

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:47 AM

both mine walked at 8 months and no you should not be worried. Some babies don't want to walk, or like be carried or just need a little more time. Its perfectly normal.

mommywife2b
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:47 AM

My dd started walking at 10 months, but babys develop at their own pace and you shouldnt compare your baby to others... they are on their own time.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)