Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite Place to stay in New York?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:41 AM
  • 3 Replies

Our 5 yr. anniversary is in May and I was just looking at New York thinking it would be fun to go there! I've been there once a long time ago with my parents but it was just a day trip from our vacation in NJ. 

So...anyone have a favorite place to stay?  I, of course, love a good deal but I'm willing to spend on a hotel room b/c if I'm on vacation I want to stay somewhere nice!! 

Any great places you would reccomend to go also? 

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Willowjade
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:50 AM

Well, I live in NY.  But I live about 5 hours away from the city.  If you are looking to go to the city, I wouldn't stay there LOL

We do this each summer.  I stay at the Hilton in Parsippany NJ.  Great hotel!!  It is about an hour and fifteen minute train ride to Penn Station from Morris Plains (the station by the Hilton).

We stay at the hilton, park there, take the shuttle to the train station (which is about 2 min from the hotel if that) Take the train into Penn Station in NYC.  From there we just take a taxi anywhere we want to go.  (You couldn't pay me enough to drive in that city!!)  You could pick up tickets to a show, do the whole Statue of LIberty, Ellis Island thing, I know there are dinner ferries that go out around the statue too.  There are a number of things you could do!!  When your done you just have the Taxi take you back to Penn Station, and hop the train to Morris Plains station.  Once there call the hotel and they will be right there to pick you up.

The hilton has a great restaurant called Ruth Chris's Steak house!!  OMG I travel often and this place has got to be one of the best places I have ever eaten!! (a bit spendy, but SOOOO good).

I do this every time I have to go to the city.  I have gone there for a broadway show (saw Spamalot was great!)  took my girls to American Girl Place at Rockafeller Center, last time they went to Ellis Island and the statue (i stayed at the hotel, with the baby).

Hope this helps!  Have a great time!

inspain
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Tribeca Grand is nice, but a little stuffy.  The Duane Street Hotel is our new favorite.  They've got rooms for $199 right now and it's really well-located.

mrsjmomma
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:11 AM

The Duate St. Hotel looks very cool! Thanks!

We will have to consider staying out of the city and traveling in...I don't know though. Thats what we do now whenever we go to chicago.  We take the train and then walk or take taxi's, busses, whatever! Its fun but I'd like to find a central hotel. We'd fly in then take a taxi to the hotel I think.  So no driving in NY for us! We'd be Soooo lost. I can see the fights now! *Shudder*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)