Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mineral Makeup?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:19 AM
  • 25 Replies

what is the best priced mineral makeup? i really dont wanna pay for barenaturals because it is soooo darn expensive! i have used SheerCover before and i liked it, but they messed up my checking account SO horrible i swear not to go thru them again! i tried one thru the stores....a covergirl one maybe, and it was just horrible!!! i have bad skin and it would prob be better for my face to use a mineral based makeup VS the foundation.

i am a 21 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allen. Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

visit our family at -- http://nichclem07.blogspot.com/

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K.a.C.87
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:24 AM

bump :)

i am a 21 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allen. Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

visit our family at -- http://nichclem07.blogspot.com/

graciejoe
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:25 AM

I <3 mary kay.

SusanD
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:25 AM

I've tried SEVERAL mineral make-up lines from Bare Minerals to PUR (pronounced pure) minerals to Loreal. Honestly, my favorite has been the Loreal line that can be picked up just about anywhere. Its between 7-9.00 per package and I really like it and it matches my skintone well. Thats what I use for the foundation.

For bronzer and blush I use PUR.

jerlyn13
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Me too

Quoting graciejoe:

I <3 mary kay.

LuvmySFSGT
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:27 AM

Honestly Bare Minerals is really the only choice...I have tried all the rest and they do not work nearly as good.

I have had my set that cost $60 for almost 4 months...and its not even half gone.

2gud2btrue
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:29 AM

sephora makes a decent mineral powder.  i think its around $20.

you could also look at spray foundation.   

davidjames07

I buy SheerCover at Bed Bath and Beyond. its like 60 bucks for the pack but it comes with 2 foundations and all kinds of stuff. dh buys it for birthdays and xmases. i hardly wear makeup but when i do i love it!

I'm Heather, I'm 21 years old, I'm a nursing student,  I'm a breastfeeding/formula feeding, non-circumcising, vaccinating, co-sleeping, disposable diapering, spanking when needed, forward faced at 1, bi-curious, I feed my son whatever he wants in moderation, teenage mommy who has already broken the stereotype. Wife to Joey since 01/06, mother to David James since 07/07, and trying for baby number two!

manderjane

Everday Minerals. 

http://www.everydayminerals.com/

Some of my best blushes have come from this company.  They are MILES cheaper than Bare Escentuals and just as high quality!  Great customer service, will help you find the perfect color for your skintone...and will even send free samples. 

Bare Escentuals gave me the worst cystic acne I'd ever had in my life.  Turns out I was allergic to bismuth (a mineral found in their products.)  :D

I'm a MAC and Make Up For Ever wearer now, but for Mineral makeup, Everyday Minerals is your best bet.  As far as drugstore brand, Loreale Bare Naturale is nice.  But I'd still recommend EDM.

manderjane
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:30 AM

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

Honestly Bare Minerals is really the only choice...I have tried all the rest and they do not work nearly as good.

I have had my set that cost $60 for almost 4 months...and its not even half gone.

Have you tried their new matte line yet?  I wish I could...that bismuth tears me up. 

ColieO
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:31 AM

I love Neutrogena Mineral Makeup. Light, doesn't smell as funny as some, the liquid kind isn't greasy, doesn't go on thick. Covers well. And its pretty reasonably priced I think.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)