Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help with my 4 year old...

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:04 AM
  • 7 Replies

ok so i have a 4 years old son, and hes been potty trained for a while now but for the past 9 months hes started pooping his pants again, and more recently he does it way more frequently and peeing his pants too. He's in head start and theyre threatening to kick him out for it. weve tried everything we can think of. and he goes and hides and does it any ideas that might help us!!! please and thank you!

Sign My Guestbook

Mommy Loves Her Boys!!!

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
HeartBrokeTwice
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:09 AM

Has anything changed lately?

New baby?

Moved?

youngmom226
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:11 AM

well they moved, and theres been some problems with me and his dad....

Sign My Guestbook

Mommy Loves Her Boys!!!

jenniepepsi
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:17 AM

huge changes in a childs life can be extreamly hard. my DD changed schools, moved back in with my parents, and she never sees her step dad anymore, who was her 'daddy' since she was 3. she hasnt had any bathroom accedents, but she started cosleeping with me again, and she has a new 'lovey' again which she gave up years ago. and when she started at the new school, her behavior was terrible and night terrors came back. i also have seen her suck her thumb a few times, though not often. and she never sucked her thumb even as a baby.

after a month however, it has gotten better. she is still sleeping with me, but all the other issues are gone again.

bathroom issues can be very common for a child going thru troubles at home. i would say take him to the doctor to check his PHYSICAL well being, since it has been going on for so long with no improovement.

youngmom226
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:18 AM

all his doctor would say is its laziness... they said hes perfectly fine otherwise. and because hes dong this his dad is trying to blame me and keep him from me for it!

Sign My Guestbook

Mommy Loves Her Boys!!!

youngmom226
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:40 AM

sorry gotta bump it

Sign My Guestbook

Mommy Loves Her Boys!!!

manderjane
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:42 AM

Quoting youngmom226:

all his doctor would say is its laziness...

Sounds like it's time to look for a new pediatrician.  That sounds like the most inexperienced, unconcerned explanation EVER. 

prayingforsnow
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:46 AM

If his doctor truly said "laziness", you need to find a new doctor STAT. Sounds like your son's pediatrician is the lazy one.

If another doctor confirms that it isn't a physical issue, then I would say it's either physiological- stress manifested in a lack of control, which can be very scary for such a young child- or behavioral- a cry for attention, probably stemming from the recent changes and possible unrest between family members. Good luck, momma- I sincerely hope they don't drop him from HeadStart because of this- it's such an amazing program.

"Ring the bells that still can ring, forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything- that's how the light gets in." -Leonard Cohen
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)