Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you think its worth it???

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:07 AM
  • 11 Replies

ok so baby number two is on the way and i still have my car seat from daughter but i was just gonna give it to my sister (shes due next month and doesnt really have the $$ for a new one) and i fell inlove with britax carseats when i bought a boulevard for my dd... and i want to get the infant carrier  (theres a link to it on amazon) but i kno im gonna have to prolly do a little convincing to the hubby to buy a 200 infant carrier, but i dont think it will be too hard since i still have alot of stuff from my dd (so we wont need as much) and he knows how important good carseats are to me (hes heard how i had to fight for my britax with my dds dad lol) so idk i was just wondering how many of you think its worth spending 200+ on carseats

pregnancy week by week

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aj23
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:15 AM

I wouldn't spend that kind of money on one I wasn't going to use more than a year.

Kylie819
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:17 AM

I personally wouldn't spend that much on an infant carrier.  On a convertible RF/FF seat, yes.  That's just me, though.

ColieO
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:18 AM

I wouldn't spend that much. And can't babies use the convertible RFing anyway?

davidjames07
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:21 AM

like a pp said if it was a rf/ff one yes i was lucky enough to go to a baby fair when i was pregnant for ds and won 2 carseats. one was an infant carrier and the other was a rf/ff interchangeable seat weight was 0-80 lbs it had all the gear in it if you wanted to use it from birth. i just used the infant carrier till ds grew out of it at 9 months then switched to the other seat and once he was a yr old and 20 lbs i ff him, and hes been in the same seat since, hes 2 1/2 and he still fits in the seat! for the new baby im using ds old infant seat and when ds grows out of this seat im getting one of those birttax(sp?) 5 point harness seats. you cant be too safe these days

I'm Heather, I'm 21 years old, I'm a nursing student,  I'm a breastfeeding/formula feeding, non-circumcising, vaccinating, co-sleeping, disposable diapering, spanking when needed, forward faced at 1, bi-curious, I feed my son whatever he wants in moderation, teenage mommy who has already broken the stereotype. Wife to Joey since 01/06, mother to David James since 07/07, and trying for baby number two!

Ixchel183
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:22 AM

you can't put a price on my babes safety. i'll pay whatever it takes, even if it means selling body parts lol :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

ATG499
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:27 AM

Quoting Cecilias_mommy:

well ive also thought about buying my dd a new one and using hers for the new baby cause u can use that one rf at 5lbs

If your DD has a Britax convertible it can't be used for newborns. They aren't made for newborns although they say 5lbs and up. If you want an infant seat I highly recommend a Graco Snugride 32 or a Chicco Keyfit30. They're both great seats and last longer than normal infant seats. If you want to go with a convertible from birth you'll want something like a First Years True Fit that is able to fit an infant from birth. Personally I would just go with the True Fit since it's recommended that newborns don't spend too much time in car seats anyway and most of the time an infant seat is used so that you can carry your newborn from the car to the store and not have to take them out of their seat.

Cecilias_mommy
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:31 AM

well i think got my dds boulevard when she was 6 or 7 months once she could sit up i didnt use her carrier anymore lol

pregnancy week by week

MixedCooke
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:34 AM

DEFINITELY NOT!  They expire!

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:13 AM

Sure. I don't think that 200 is a very high price to pay for a carseat.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our daughter that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

Cecilias_mommy
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:40 AM

i am kinda worried tho about the size of this carseat after reading review it seems to be up there in size....

pregnancy week by week

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)