Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This kind of bothers me..

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:49 AM
  • 4 Replies

I'm getting pretty sick of the "recommended donations" and "recommended tip amounts" and stupid tip jars EVERYWHERE I go. Besides the grocery store, it seems like everyone feels entitled to a tip. Sorry, you are doing your job, you don't require a tip. I know the economy sucks but COME ON.

I went to Chilis today for a TO GO order and there was a sign on the wall near the register, and in front of the register that said "Tips are appreciated for carry out. Even a dollar goes a long way!" Sorry, if I was wanting to tip for my food, I would've sat down. Its not that hard to put shit in a bag. And I know for a FACT, that the people working the carry out do NOT rely on tips and get paid an hourly wage, and its not the $2 or $3 an hour the regular servers get.

Its just so annoying to feel obligated to pay even more. I just wanted freaking chips and Queso! Not a guilt trip!!

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lbdm2002
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:52 AM

yeah..i'm not a fan of tip jars..heck..even starbucks has a tip jar..really?  to make coffee? 

But here in Korea it's a bit different..at the commissary on base, the baggers are koreans..and the only money they make is what they earn in tips..they don't get any base pay.  So yeah..even if I just have one bag of groceries, I still leave a dollar.

Cherish77
by Cherish on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:53 AM

That does sound bizarre.  I only tip waiters, and bartenders, and the hairstylist.

ColieO
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:54 AM

Ya. I tip pretty well for actual SERVICE, not just "Here's your bag of food." McDonalds doesn't ask for a tip if I go through the drive thru, why do you? lol.

Quoting Cherish77:

That does sound bizarre.  I only tip waiters, and bartenders, and the hairstylist.

HannahEsmommy
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:56 AM

Who the hell are they giving the tip to?  The cook?lol  Yeah, that's ridiculous.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)