Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for moms with bellies before pregnancy...

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:30 AM
  • 7 Replies

I have teetered on posting this question but I am curious.  I am 10 weeks and 1 day pregnant with my first baby.  For those mommies that had bellies before they got pregnant, when did you start to show.  I have a belly, and I thought I had a lot of room to grow because of it.  I am finding out that I thought wrong.  I know every woman is different and we will all grow differently.  Did you have to have more transvaginal ultrasounds because of it?  If you have any other tips or helpful advice please share :) 

I am not posting this to get lectured that I should be healthy before I got preggo and not to bash anyone. 

Thanks ladies for any help!!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
All4you
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:34 AM

First baby I showed at about 4 months, I weighed 190 when I got pregnant gained almost 80 that pregnancy. 2nd baby weighed 220 when I got pregnant and started showing at about 6-7 months. I am currently 179. Had to put the current after all those high numbers lol

Sign by Danasoft - SURPRISE! I found you!
heidi_val
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:35 AM

My 1st pregnancy, I didn't show until I was about 7 months. I'm overweight, but my pregnancy belly was rather small. I think I had only 2 transvaginals, the rest was on my belly.

this pregnancy, I'm still overweight, but my pregnant belly is huge!! I started showing at 12 weeks. I've had one transvaginal ultrasound this time.

You are not the only overweight woman to be pregnant, so don't listen to anyone! I've actually lost weight while being pregnant and after the delivery I lost 40lbs doing nothing, so you may be lucky and lose weight like that after you deliver. I hope it happens for me again after my second!! 

YoungMommy182
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:36 AM

With my first i never showed, my second i showed at about 3 months and i got a bigg belly!

countrybaby89
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:42 AM

I showed before I was 3 months with my son... Like 8 weeks people knew I was pregnant... I am short and I had a belly before and the baby bump pushed all that extra weight up... It was kind of a pain in the butt because it made people ask a lot of questions lol...

MarchMarie
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:53 AM

This is me at 6 1/2 months (dont mind the mess, we were still moving in) I wore a size 18/20 pre pregnancy but started showing at four months. All of my ultrasounds were on the tummy.  

CharlotteAnn
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:53 AM

I think that is all depends on your body and the way that the baby is positioned. I have had a belly with both my pregnancies and I didnt show with my second as much as I did with my first.

And the transvaginal thing I never went through with either pregnancy so I cant tell you anything on that one!

6 Yrs. and still going strong! Charlotte(26), Michael(26), Serenity(5), and Andrew(3)

xanayda
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:07 AM

glad you asked this cause i was wondering too... i had a bit of a belly before i got pregnant too and i'm not sure when i'm going to show either. with my first i was wayy smaller and didn't show until i was 6 months but i think that's because i didn't know until i was 23 weeks... lol. so idk. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)