Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had a bully in middle school....

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:43 AM
  • 9 Replies

and she tormented me for 2 years until she moved away. Laughing at me, making me feel insecure at whatever I did, spreading rumors, breaking up friendships and relationships, writing things on the bathroom walls, threatening me physically, ganging up on me with her friends.

Anyway, its been fifteen years. I thought I had moved on. Then I was looking at one of my friends facebook friends lists. I noticed my bully is on her list. (No biggie against my friend. She is friends with everyone, and she was never a super close friend... just someone I have known all my life... we have always been friendly and even hung out but never been besties or anything)

Anyway, I am shocked by the strange feelings and thoughts and dreams that I have been having since this bully was thrust back into my life. I thought I was over it. Now, I'm starting to wonder.

All these old feelings came back. I have this morbid curiosity to see if she is still evil and mean and bitter and hateful. And, Im curious what her life is like. But, obviously shes nice to all her friends lol. And its not like I would subject myself to her ever again. 

What is wrong with me? Why would I feel this way?

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommieof4girlz
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:48 AM

they say the best medicine for that is to confront her.  a lot of times that bully was the one who had some serious issues.  you maybe even surprised that she just might have changed for the better.  even get an apology.  idk.  i never been bullied or been a bully...but i did have a friend who was and it almost made her quit school then.  ((HUGS))

laylasmommy2006

I'm sorry that happened to you. i was sadly a huge bully in school. I pretty much had to be...because if i didnt i would have been bullied. So maybe they were just hurting inside too.

Robbin74

Being bullied is real. That is why you are having bad thoughts about it again. Just because it happened at school along time ago doesn't make it a laughing matter. This person tormented you for 2 years. You will hold the baggage until you deal with it. I'm not suggesting you confront her or anything...lol, but find a way to deal with the feelings.....GL!

sparkina13
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:49 AM

She had a major impact on your life. A negative one but she still had an impact. Some girls are just mean and nasty.

catwalksymphony
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:51 AM

It hasn't been as long for me, but I had the same bully in middle school, but it's been almost 10 years I think (bad at math) since she started tormenting me. We ended up going to different highschools and I only saw her sparingly after that... she was friendly.

But her little brother applied at my husband's job (where he's a manger) a few months back... He was going to be hired and I told my husband not to. I don't know why. But the feeling of being bullied by her just wouldn't stop bothering me.  

lunapic-bw2.gif picture by CourtneyLynn_018

Tia_B
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:09 AM

I can understand your fear. It almost feels like this would have been an opportunity to sneak back into your life and hurt you again in some way.

Quoting catwalksymphony:

It hasn't been as long for me, but I had the same bully in middle school, but it's been almost 10 years I think (bad at math) since she started tormenting me. We ended up going to different highschools and I only saw her sparingly after that... she was friendly.

But her little brother applied at my husband's job (where he's a manger) a few months back... He was going to be hired and I told my husband not to. I don't know why. But the feeling of being bullied by her just wouldn't stop bothering me.  

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

aidia
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:11 AM

It's completely normal. There was a girl who did the same to me in middle/high school and I saw her on myspace, she added me and apologized for what she did... even then, it was hard not to hold a grudge. I no longer have any contact with her because I couldn't stand even seeing her picture on there every day. 

mom22tumblebugs
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Same thing happened to me only it was 24 yrs ago. And not only did she bully me in HS, she went to the same college w/me and bullied me the first yr even going as far as having her friends throw cupfuls of beer in my face at a party... She befriended my best friend from 6th grade thru HS and is now best friends w/ her still. I lost that friend b/c of her b/c of my lack of trust.... Anyway, I saw her at my 20th reunion... she never did apologize to me... my old best friend is on my facebook list, but I won't get together with her, nor will i write much. She and the bully work together now. And I blocked bully on my facebook.

Tia_B
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:38 AM

It kinda makes me sad that I am not the only one that has had to go through this and that hasnt gotten over it. We shouldnt have to feel this way! I wish I knew what to do.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)