Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Halloween Dessert Treat

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:04 AM
  • 4 Replies

If you are looking for a great dessert for halloween, this is a fav of mine...

http://blog.ctnews.com/elwood/2009/10/03/yummy-halloween-dessert/

Chocolate Graveyard

Chocolate Graveyard

Halloween Graveyard :

Ingredients :

• 2 packages of chocolate pudding (equal to 8 servings)
  • 3 1/2 cups of milk (for mixing the pudding)
  • 2 8oz containers of cool whip
  • 1 package of oreos (or cookie alternative)
  • 1 package of milano cookies
  • Gummy Worms
  • Candy Corn Pumpkin
  • Decorating Icing for cookies

Mix the pudding, and layer the bottom of the pan or tray with it.
Then layer the cool whip on top of the pudding.
Crush the cookies and layer the top of the cool whip.
Decorate the cookies before putting them into the into pudding mixture.
Then decorate as you would like.

I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine did last year! It was a huge hit!

Danielle
ICAN supporter, Cesarean Mother, Natural Birth Advocate, Breastfeeding, Attachment Parenting, Baby wearing, Selectively Vaccinating, Pro Choice, Gay Marriage Supporting, Doula, Aspiring Midwife, Blogging, Loud Mouth, Bitch, Democrat, Stay At Home Mom, Reformed Mormon, Chiropractic Care for Children Supporting, VBAC Supporting, Home Birth Supporting, Radical Mother of Two amazing little boys.
Camden Kent and Benjamin Emil

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
CTRedSoxMom
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:12 AM

happy halloween

Danielle
ICAN supporter, Cesarean Mother, Natural Birth Advocate, Breastfeeding, Attachment Parenting, Baby wearing, Selectively Vaccinating, Pro Choice, Gay Marriage Supporting, Doula, Aspiring Midwife, Blogging, Loud Mouth, Bitch, Democrat, Stay At Home Mom, Reformed Mormon, Chiropractic Care for Children Supporting, VBAC Supporting, Home Birth Supporting, Radical Mother of Two amazing little boys.

Crystallynn
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:13 AM

I did something similar to this a few years back.....man I wish I had pics to show off...LOL

I baked a regular cake- frosted with chocolate frosting.  Opened up oreos, and scraped all the filling off.  reserved filling- crushed oreos and cinnamon graham crackers to make dirt.  Used Ladyfinger cookies (for the shape- Milanos would work too) to make headstones.  Used pretzel sticks to make a "fence" around the graveyard.  Used reserved filling from oreos to form little ghosts.  It was such a hit at the halloween party we went too.   

laylasmommy2006
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:19 AM

I'm making pumpkin cookies tonight...and Saturday (Halloween) we are making rice crispy treats and Grave yard Dirt cups.  

CTRedSoxMom
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Did you see the pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe I put up the other day?
It is to die for!!

Quoting laylasmommy2006:

I'm making pumpkin cookies tonight...and Saturday (Halloween) we are making rice crispy treats and Grave yard Dirt cups.  

Danielle

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)