Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So when you die (NOT RELIGIOUS) spin off

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:18 AM
  • 20 Replies

What do you want to have done with you?

I want to be cremated some of me to be spread over my parents and grandparents graves I want the rest of me to be spread into the winds off a cliff over looking the ocean in Ireland.

I want people to celebrate who I was by partying. I want a live band loud frinds and lots of good food and drinks. Thats the way I celebrated my whole life thats how I want my loved ones to send me out.

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:20 AM

I want to be cremated and my ashes turned into a diamond for my dd. Saw that on cnn once..can't remember the website off the top of my head but it sounded like a cool idea lol

jazzy020106
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:20 AM

That sounds great! I dont know what i want.. i have never thought about it. But i do know that i dont want everyone in black and being all traditional... but it IS a funeral. I dont see how anyone will want to be partying and wanting to get a live band...

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Thats cool I wonder how many diamonds an entire body could make

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

I want to be cremated and my ashes turned into a diamond for my dd. Saw that on cnn once..can't remember the website off the top of my head but it sounded like a cool idea lol

rockinmama07
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Any organs and tissue that can be donated will be, after that, what's left will be donated to our medical school.  A nice garden with a "thinking" bench and fountain will be made for those who want to go somewhere to "remember" me.

"Raising kids is part joy and part guerilla warfare." - Ed Asner

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:23 AM

They will My family is weird LOL We usually end up getting together after playing cards and laughing about the stories of our lost loved ones So its really not too far fetched And the band would be the band that is our family friends

Quoting jazzy020106:

That sounds great! I dont know what i want.. i have never thought about it. But i do know that i dont want everyone in black and being all traditional... but it IS a funeral. I dont see how anyone will want to be partying and wanting to get a live band...

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:26 AM

I want a green burial. Not because I'm environmentally friendly, but because it makes more sense to me than pumping my body full of chemicals and then surrounding it in cement so that those chemicals don't poison the ground water.

The idea of cremation just creeps me out. 

ETA: I too want any and everything that can be harvested and donated to be. I won't need it anymore, and I'd love to know that someone else can keep living because I died.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

GothyMama
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:26 AM

I want to be cremated and have my ashes scattered.  I do not want anything religious at all, as I'm an atheist.  I want people to share their memories and all that.  Mourn together, remember my life together, etc.  That's all.  Nothing fancy.  I won't care, I'll be dead.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
inspain
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:28 AM

That's a great idea!  I'm assuming I'll be too old to have any organs worth donating.  People in my family tend to die between 97 and 102.  But I like the donating the body thing!  Maybe someone will be interested in how the old bag lived so long.  I wonder if they'll figure out the secret:  wine, weed and Oreos.

Quoting rockinmama07:

Any organs and tissue that can be donated will be, after that, what's left will be donated to our medical school.  A nice garden with a "thinking" bench and fountain will be made for those who want to go somewhere to "remember" me.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Quoting GothyMama:

I want to be cremated and have my ashes scattered.  I do not want anything religious at all, as I'm an atheist.  I want people to share their memories and all that.  Mourn together, remember my life together, etc.  That's all.  Nothing fancy.  I won't care, I'll be dead.

I too am atheist, but IMO, a funeral is for the living, not the dead. If my family wants to have a religious ceremony, I'm okay with that. Whatever comforts them at the time is what matters to me. :)

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

De_Chick
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:30 AM

I plan to donate any usable organs and then be creamated. I don't really care what they do with my ashes to be honest, keep them, bury them, scatter them..whatever. I don't want a funeral but just a rememberance with good food, drinks and the people I love there supporting and bonding with each other.

Whereas alot of people think its disrespectful for people to marry soon after a spouse dies I would like my hubs to not waste time if someone good comes along if I die before him. I think its a compliment to me if he actually wants to remarry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)