Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is it? (WIC)

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:32 AM
  • 23 Replies

Would someone out there be kind and patient enough to explain what, exactly, WIC is and does and why people receive it?  I could look it up, but I'd prefer a first-hand account. 

I'm very curious as to why so many people receive it.

Thank you in advance for the indulgence.

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twinmamaof3
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:37 AM

women infact C (not sure)

We get it becasue we qualify, my husband is a e5 in the army and I am a full time student we have three children, when we only had one we didnt qualify but then we had the twins and we qualified.

inspain
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Does this require that a certain income level not be exceeded?  Is it available only to military families?

jazzy020106
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Here its women infants children..

If you qualify.. while your pregnant you get milk and cheese PB things like that.. then after the baby is born (depending on whether you breastfeed or not) you either continue to get your milk and things like that.. or you get formula... and no its not only for military families.. Its another form of PA

Quoting twinmamaof3:

We get it becasue we qualify, my husband is a e5 in the army and I am a full time student we have three children, when we only had one we didnt qualify but then we had the twins and we qualified.

twinmamaof3
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:44 AM

oh no it is open toeveryone who qualifies, it depends on youre icome and how many people are in youre houshold.

Quoting inspain:

Does this require that a certain income level not be exceeded?  Is it available only to military families?

twinmamaof3
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Yeah I was sitting there thinking what is the C for, duh of course it is children.  lol. 

Quoting jazzy020106:

If you qualify.. while your pregnant you get milk and cheese PB things like that.. then after the baby is born (depending on whether you breastfeed or not) you either continue to get your milk and things like that.. or you get formula... and no its not only for military families.. Its another form of PA

Quoting twinmamaof3:

MzSeXyC
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Quoting jazzy020106:

Quoting twinmamaof3:

countrybaby89
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:46 AM

WIC is Women Infants and Children

It helps people with children under 5 who are low income get things like Milk, cereal, eggs, and juice

You have to make under a certain amount of money a month to qualify

ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:47 AM

WIC is a supplement that provides-

Formula for infants up to 1yr

Milk for children 1-5 and pregnant women

Veggies and fruit

Peanut butter or beans

Eggs and cheese

baby food for babies 6mo-1yr

baby cereal

tuna for pregnant women

and bread or tortillas

Thats all I can think of but the income qualification is actually very high. They don't give you enough to last a whole month but we make it go about 3wks. My husband is an E3 in the USMC and makes about 1600rounded per month. We have 2 boys 2.5 and 9mo and recieve almost everything I listed above.

My_4_cuties_08
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:47 AM

WIC stands for women, infants and children.

countrybaby89
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:47 AM

WIC is Women Infants and Children

It helps people with children under 5 who are low income get things like Milk, cereal, eggs, and juice

You have to make under a certain amount of money a month to qualify

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)