Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Call bull?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:51 AM
  • 11 Replies

So my guy got a text message a week or two back. From a girl co-worker that I have had the feeling there is more then just a co-worker realtionship. 

Scenario: SO went to give DS a bath and his phone buzzed, so I picked it up and opened it, because not only have I had this bad feel but sometimes I talk to his friends when he's not around. Anyway the message from this girl said "I can't wait to see you again and f*ck your brains out."

Well I stormed into the bathroom threw the phone at him and said WTF is this? I stormed out and went on a walk.

He came after me (leaving DS with his mother we were at her house at the time) and called her to have me talk to her and explain that there was nothing, she just accidentally sent it to him.

My whole problem with this is how do you accidentaly send such a personal message like that on accident? When I do occasionally send sext messages I double and triple check before I send it to my SO. I refused to talk to her though, I didn't want anything to do with either of them at the time. 

Background: I started getting the impression that something was going on with them when he said that they got a new person at work (he works for the City and does landscaping and design so not a women filled job.) I wasn't to worried at first, he said that she was cool, but not attractive. We go to the zoo a week later just him, I, our son and a couple friend of ours. We planned it that day and didn't tell anyone else. We get there (Washington MD Zoo about a half our/45 mins from where we lived) and she happens to be there and "bump" into us. Let me just say she was GORGEOUS. 

And for awhile all he did was talk about this girl and used to be partners at work, and the couple times I went with him to work parties and we've seen her and her BF her BF is really hostile towards my SO and she admitted to my guy that her BF HATES him and neither my SO or her know why mysteriously. 

Fast Forward to Present: He doesn't really talk about her now, ever since the text message and he doesn't work with her anymore, atleast not that he has told me. So does anyone think something happened or is it just a misunderstanding that my insecurities make it seem bigger? 

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
obrn4u
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:01 AM

I would be highly suspicious.

amber_1024
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Go with your gut!  Keep your eyes and ears open..

And I know I do check my text messages to make sure they go to the correct person, exp. when it's something "intimate" like that...

Just straight up ask him, if he's still working with her?  And If he is, ask him if he'd be willing to transfer or do whatever so he's not anymore!

Sorry your dealing with this..  

don't like it... don't read it!

LuvmySFSGT
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:05 AM

She didn't accidentally send him the text.

You accidently opened it instead of your SO.

Considering all the evidence if you believe him...good luck with that. Make sure he wraps his pecker so you don't get a disease....

gypsydancer7
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Hes playing you. Call them out and then get out.

Richys_Girl
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Thanks girls.

And I said the same thing, that he just didn't happen to be the one to open it and he was mad that I caught him. So he gave me some bullshit response saying why would he leave his phone where I could find it if he was cheating.

spcjones203
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:09 AM

I call bull. That's the biggest load of BS that I've heard in awhile. He's playing you, seriously. He's doing her. 

Blessed Be!

ImHisMommy
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:10 AM

I don't think there was any misunderstanding here.  I personally think he is full of sh** but if you want to be with him just make sure you are protecting yourself!

And her bf probably hates your SO because he probably found a text just like you did.

jazzy020106
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:11 AM

I call BULL... sorry... =[.. its pretty hard to accidentally send someone a text unless your sending a mass text... or texting more than one person at a time and the texts are coming in quickly..

nillamilkshake
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:15 AM

you should be able to trust your man around anyone..if you cant you should re-evaluate your situation..my "best friend" (not so much anymore) accidentally sent me a text that was supposed to go to her bf talking shit about me..so i know stuff like that happens..but i dont know her or your man or anything about your relationship so i dont really know what to tell you..im just sayin it is possible.

good luck 

Richys_Girl
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:20 AM

I have done the same thing (only not sent something so personal) where I'm getting four or five different texts at one time and I'm trying to reply to one and accidentally send it to someone else. And apparently she did that and sent it to not only him, but a couple people....I don't know. I want to trust him, but it's hard. Thanks so much to everyones opinions! Good and bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)