Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those who celebrate Halloween =]

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:04 AM
  • 44 Replies

What traditions besides trick or treating does your family have?

I know most just trick or treat.. but im curious if anyone else does anything?

We dont have any traditions but we try to go to all the halloween events that are for little ones =] like tonight we are going to Ronald Mcdonalds Costume Party =]

I love holidays and i love to go all out! especially here in FL.. we dont get the fall with the colorful leaves.. or a cold white christmas.. So i have to do extra things to make it "feel" like the holidays...

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aislinn
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:07 AM

My Halloween traditions have been thrown for a loop. My LO is two this year, so we are trying to get into the swing of things are far as traditions go. My tradition used to be a bar stool and some Patron. Not very appropriate, now a days... lol

jazzy020106
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:08 AM

LOL! but that sounds like one great tradition!!

Quoting Aislinn:

My Halloween traditions have been thrown for a loop. My LO is two this year, so we are trying to get into the swing of things are far as traditions go. My tradition used to be a bar stool and some Patron. Not very appropriate, now a days... lol

bergmom
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Every year we have all my nieces and nephews and my kids' friends over for a Halloween party. We've been doing it for 9 years now. The kids dress up, we eat and play Halloween games, have a pinata, ect. This year we added pumpkin bowling, that was a big hit! LOL

jazzy020106
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:12 AM

That sounds great! i love this idea!! (im so stealing it for when my DDs are older) =]

Quoting bergmom:

Every year we have all my nieces and nephews and my kids' friends over for a Halloween party. We've been doing it for 9 years now. The kids dress up, we eat and play Halloween games, have a pinata, ect. This year we added pumpkin bowling, that was a big hit! LOL

Jaclynx3
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:14 AM

besides trick or treating we go to the pumpkin patch, boo at the zoo, and the childrens musuem has trick or treating that we do too.  all of the other events are the week before halloween!

we love it!

jazzy020106
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:16 AM

We normally do the pumpkin patch as well.. there is a place down here that plows the corn field into a maze and you walk through it. there are hay rides and a pumpkin patch. but the kids didnt want to go. We found these pumpkins that had crazy colorful troll hair and faces painted. .they wanted one of those instead.. lol.. the zoo and museum sound neat to! i never heard of anything like that around here.

Quoting Jaclynx3:

besides trick or treating we go to the pumpkin patch, boo at the zoo, and the childrens musuem has trick or treating that we do too.  all of the other events are the week before halloween!

we love it!

aidia
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:17 AM

We go to the pumpkin patch every year. And we trick or treat. This year we will be trick or treating twice because the city is holding trick or treating at the square, (with the town businesses), tomorrow night and then we will go house to house on Halloween. 

bergmom
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Oh yeah- and we take all the kids to the pumpkin patch, too. My kids and my neices and nephews are really close in age, so we tend to do everything together  LOL  And OP, you can have all my Halloween party ideas! LOL We do one at Christmas, too...

ashmac03
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:19 AM

We pretty much do the same thing every year.  Carve pumpkins the night before with our friends and family.  The day of Halloween I make pumpkin pancakes and we celebrate that night with our entire family.  Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents etc.  We make a big dinner and all take the kids out.  Then when we get back we make hot cider for the kids and hot cider with a little something extra for the grown ups.  

mommyin07n08
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:20 AM

I dont really have any traditions. Were not even taking the kids trick or treating this year. Between yesterday and today we have a total of 14 inches of snow so far. I used to live in Florida for high school and honestly I miss being down there not in the freezing cold of the snow. My dad offered us his house so he could buy a new one because he feels his family doesnt fit in the house anymore, well I have the same amount of children he does and I am including myself in his count.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)