Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to lose weight!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:09 AM
  • 10 Replies

I am going to be serious about it! I need to lose 50 lbs total before I TTC (Not anything the doctors said, but for me personally, I want to be down 50 lbs before we try)
And I also want to lose it before I meet DH's family. We are planning on going overseas as a family next year sometime and I am already going to stick out with my height (people in his town are short and thin) so I atleast want to be thin!
My biggest problem is soda. I can't quit Pepsi! And I have a major sweet tooth. I crave chocolate and ice cream!
What are some good ideas to curb my cold, sweet tooth?

Playschool Preschool Group- Chat tonight at 9 p.m. Eastern time!

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tinkerxbell
by danger will robinson on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:11 AM

you could try drinking pepsi one instead, and instead of icecream try frozen yogurt.

isra1986
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:14 AM

I am slowly cutting out the Pepsi. I can't do diet drinks, it's not the same, lol. I would rather quit altogether! I just seriously am addicted to the caffeine. I get headaches when I try to quit, so I am slowly scaling back!

Quoting tinkerxbell:

you could try drinking pepsi one instead, and instead of icecream try frozen yogurt.

Playschool Preschool Group- Chat tonight at 9 p.m. Eastern time!

kk_bella
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:16 AM
My sweet tooth is a major culprit against my weight loss. I feel you on that one. IDK how to curb it, aside from the obvious like making healtheir choice when you have a sweet tooth. An apple just isn't the same as chocolate ice cream, never will be!!
tangyh
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:16 AM

It took me a good six months to wean myself off of my 4 cans of Coke a day habit.  But now I feel better than ever and I actually get a headache when I have one!!

Kiki7808
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:18 AM

you can still eat things you like just has to be in moderation... like only eat a dessert like thing 3 nights a week, and they have those skinny cow and weight watcher ice creams that are actually really good. i too have a bad sweet tooth and am wanting to lose some weight before we go home for christmas so i am in the same boat as you...

ladyvamp5489
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:20 AM

I used to drink soda ALOT and even switched to diet and it didnt help with weightloss.  I had to switch to water and walk 1-2 miles a day and as far as ice cream try sugar free  but you have to watch the carbs and fats  justy have one scoop instead of 2 or 3.  They have some wonderful flavors and its just as good as the regular. you can have chocolate and sweets just in moderation, but a candy bar and eat a couple bites a day, that way you get your "fix" but dont over do it. Good Luck.

AMom29
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Drink your Pepsi over ice and let it melt a bit to water it down some.  Buy it in the little cans so you limit your portions. 

As for the rest, I have no clue.  I would like to do the same thing as you -- lose 50-100 lbs before we TTC #3, but....It's complicated for me.

Right now, I am dealing with my parents' wigging out that my BP (taken at Wal*Mart) was 155/99 the other day.  They think I'm about to have a stroke any second so they are beating me up over anything and everything.  Seriously, makes me want to drive into a vat of chocolate covered pretzels.

50,000 words in 30 days....can you handle it? 

Take the challenge at http://www.nanowrimo.org

jazzy020106
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:28 AM

If you get the urge to snack.. drink a 8 oz glass of water. sometimes that helps. also just THINK ABOUT IT.. think about your goal and how the pepsi or sweets will just set you back.. and think about the impression you want to make on DH family =] GL.. i have a great site for weight loss that i use if you want it...

reelo
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:33 AM

Try sparkpeople dot com- they have some great tools, like a daily calorie tracker and exercise counter- I know for me, if I have to write down what I'm eating, I eat less. 

Try ice water with a squeeze of lemon instead of the soda or even sparkling water.

I do keep some little treats around, the skinny cow ice creams and even a few mini candy bars.  If the craving is that bad its better to have some then munch on everything else hoping to avoid the craving.

Heck, keep track of your calories and use a pepsi as a reward food.

JCTVCBN
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:50 AM

If you are really serious of wanting to lose weight, then you should try as hard as you can to stop drinking soda.

I bet that by just doing that you will lose weight.

You could try making your own popsicles when you want something sweet.

Here is one I try to make my boys at least once a week.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/101951/forums/read/9014058/_My_Surprise_Popsicles

Just add any fruit or vegetable like carrots and you could also add  Cacao to make it taste like chocolate.

To mine, I like to add almonds, Organic Cacao Powder with Maca, and I've also added spinach to it. 

I bet even your DD will love these.

I went on this diet below over 5 years ago, and I actually lost about 15 lbs in less than 2 months.

I'll give you the info later.

My computer is being slow today, and I have to be going.

That diet is supposed to be here at http://www.cbn.com/ but I can't seem to find it.

It's called Pat's Weight Loss Challenge.

Here is some info on another diet that you might be interested in.

http://community.naturalcures.com/forum/topic/search?q=HCG&page=1

http://curezone.com/forums/search.asp?q=hcg

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)