Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Halloween Dinner

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:20 AM
  • 14 Replies

I always try to make something kind of special for Halloween. It started because I wanted to make sure my kids ate good before beating the sidewalks and then eating candy. I also wanted them to have nice full tummies while doing it.

Anyway, the tradition carries on and this year we will be having my mom over for dinner as well since its the weekend. I'm planning to make stuffed chicken breasts, American fries and veggies.

Does anyone else do this?

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaraJJones
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:22 AM

we don't but its not a bad idea. The local church does hotdogs & Cheeseburgers etc for free- so we do our trunk-or-treating there and have dinner..  :0)

Katsmommy
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:23 AM

No...we're always pretty random with Halloween dinner. Although last year my parents were in town visiting and we got pizza and wings and then my mom and I took my daughter out and my dad and hubby stayed back to pass out candy. I think this year we may end up doing the same just because its easier in a lot of ways. We'll see though, maybe I will get the urge to make something good and start a new tradition.

JessiBell
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Kind of, but its all pumkin themed.  So I'll be making a pumpkin soup, roasted pumpkin seeds, pumpkin pie, and pumpkin shaped cookies.  My little one doesn't trick or treat, so he gets all his treats at home with me =) 

I may have had cancer, but it never once had me!

De_Chick
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Quoting TaraJJones:

we don't but its not a bad idea. The local church does hotdogs & Cheeseburgers etc for free- so we do our trunk-or-treating there and have dinner..  :0)

Hey thats really kewl! I wish we had a place around here that did something like that. So that is your Halloween dinner tradition.

audriesmommy
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:26 AM

We are having my parents, my sister and BIL and their twin boys and some family friends and their two girls.  I am making chili.  Also Monster finger appetizers and fun Halloween cupcakes for dessert.

De_Chick

Quoting JessiBell:

Kind of, but its all pumkin themed.  So I'll be making a pumpkin soup, roasted pumpkin seeds, pumpkin pie, and pumpkin shaped cookies.  My little one doesn't trick or treat, so he gets all his treats at home with me =) 

Wow I would know the first thing about making pumpkin soup. It sounds gross to me personally but I've heard others say its really good. Does it actually taste  like pumpkin?

De_Chick

Quoting Katsmommy:

No...we're always pretty random with Halloween dinner. Although last year my parents were in town visiting and we got pizza and wings and then my mom and I took my daughter out and my dad and hubby stayed back to pass out candy. I think this year we may end up doing the same just because its easier in a lot of ways. We'll see though, maybe I will get the urge to make something good and start a new tradition.

Or you could make pizza and hot wings your new tradition!!!

JessiBell
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Its really similar to Butternut Squash soup, don't know if you've ever tried that.  It sounded gross to me too at first, lol, but then I tried it and it was good.  I just don't do the pumpkin pie spices in it like a lot of recipes say to do.

Quoting De_Chick:

Quoting JessiBell:

Wow I would know the first thing about making pumpkin soup. It sounds gross to me personally but I've heard others say its really good. Does it actually taste  like pumpkin?

I may have had cancer, but it never once had me!

teddysmom08
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:00 PM

My Hubby's birthday is on Halloween, so we usually do cake, dinner etc.  However, DS will not be with us this year, as he will be at a friends for a birthday party, trick or treating and a sleepover.  We will probably celebrate Hubbys  birthday on Sunday.

bluesky51201
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:02 PM

We have a special dinner but it's Halloween themed, like all of our dinners the week of Halloween.  On Halloween we'll have spider eggs and spiders, magic puffs, witches hats, and I'm still trying to come up with dessert.  Right now it's looking like wich cupcakes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)