Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If I were a new mom, what ONE thing do you think I need?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:35 AM
  • 15 Replies

OK, So if I had to tell a new mom one thing she needs in her medicine cabinet, diaper bag, purse, bathroom, bedroom, nursery, whatever... Just ONE really great, not always known or thought of product it would be:

Lantiseptic

It's a cream that I discovered when caring for senior citizens. It's used when they get bed sores, or rashes. I used it on my daughter's bum and teetee whenever she had diaper issue's, and again when she started preschool. She was potty trained, but didnt always remember to wipe, and of course the teachers didn't remind them or make them. She would be raw by the end of the day! So many times I would slather this on and by morning her issue would be all cleared up. It's awesome! You can find it at a pharmacy or medical supply store. It's expensive but a little goes a long way!

http://www.lantiseptic.com/

Let us all know what YOU would never go without if you had another baby! Try to think of something no one else has posted yet!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissiHampt
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:38 AM

My son's Johnny Jumper was such a lifesaver.  He has severe reflux and standing up was the only position in which he didn't projectile vomit constantly.

Missi....loving wife to Jason, mommy to Ricky (1-12-05), and soon to be mommy to Logan Douglas (due Feb 2010).  I'm a cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding till baby wants to quit, homeschooling, non-circumcising, anti-cry it out, part time working, animal loving, trashy romance novel reading, farm raised hillbilly.  I have had Meningitis and Swine Flu and lived to tell about it.  Any questions?

ethansmom309
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I'm sure its pretty common but I LOVE my boppy. I use it EVERY day.

RJFegwRLW21109
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:41 AM

My Boppy! That thing was a life saver. I have bought one for every person I know having a baby. Totally worth it! My 23 month old DD still uses it sometimes to sleep.

chjack123
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:42 AM

My friend brought me a bottle of Alkinol in the hospital after my third baby. I wish I had it with the other two. Basically you put a little cap full of it in your peri-bottle with warm water and.... Ahhhh! Relief!

th78
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:44 AM

sleeveless onesies! they are great....i would recommend them to any and everyone!

oh yeah and dermaplast!

n03z07l08
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:44 AM

For my youngest I could not have lived without his infant carseat but not for the typical reason of NEEDING it for the car...It was the only thing he would sit in without crying! Honestly other than tummy time and when someone was holding him he was always strapped in to that thing!

manderjane
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:46 AM

If I were a new mom again, I'd be breastfeeding, so I couldn't do without Soothies.  These little works of wonder made my first two weeks a total breeze!

megarooniduh
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:45 PM

nipple cream for breastfeeding mothers!

&

a waist cincher!

I've been a baby-wearing, co-sleeping, no CIO, breastfeeding, baby signing, vaxing mama for the past year and I wouldn't do it any other way! 

zjonzie
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:46 PM

patience lol

ArmyWife151
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:53 PM

batteries! i went through so many batteries when i had my daughter. her swing was the only way she would give me any peace.

"WE SURE DON'T HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER...BUT TOGETHER WE HAVE IT ALL!!"

family car

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)