Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can someone answer me this question..its about student loans

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:47 AM
  • 7 Replies

I can't remember how they work to save my soul.

Say someone  is taking pre-pharmacy courses just to get into the pharmacy major, he has no choice; he has to take pre pharm before being considered for the pharmacy major, when they graduate with the degree from the pre pharmacy classes which will give him a associates degree, will he have to start paying those loans 6 months after that graduation or can he lump them all together and just pay them after he graduates from the main program which would be pharmacy.

For some reason my mind is drawing a blank..

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Ninjabear
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:49 AM

i have no idea. im thinking he can lump them together? but heres a bump 

Jess. Mommy to Vincent and Ember. Wife to Michael aka Isis. Check out my page and journal to learn about me!

"Seeing the path and walking the path are two completely different things."

gypsydancer7
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Depends on where you get the loan but in most cases you dont pay back any loan until you are COMPLETELY done with school and/or have been out for 6 months

aj23
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:51 AM

You have to start paying the loan back 6 months after you leave school, if you go back to school the loan goes into deferment until you leave again.

kyco363
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:52 AM

As long as he is enrolled and going to school (regardless of where or what major) within 6 months he does not have to pay them back yet. Also - I think it has to be full time. Lastly, everyone has a loan officer, just call your school and ask who your fafsa student loan person is and set up a meeting they will explain everything to you!

zianneaaliyah
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:52 AM

As long as you can still provide proof you're in school, they will not collect from you.

caretta32
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Quoting gypsydancer7:

Depends on where you get the loan but in most cases you dont pay back any loan until you are COMPLETELY done with school and/or have been out for 6 months

exactly right, then if they are government funded you need to consolidate them ( i did and they are at a 2.4% interest rate)

'God likes me, and I like me; if you don't like me, then you've got a problem. If God likes me, who cares that everybody doesn't approve of everything I do.'

texassahm
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Try going to www.clarkhoward.com and do a search for "Student Loans." You might find helpful information there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)