Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby cereal

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:00 PM
  • 4 Replies

When did you start your baby on cereal? how often did you give it?

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
chelleybeans
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:02 PM

My son didn't start baby cereal til he was 5 months old. I just made a small bowl and fed him very little. He also didn't have baby cereal in his bottles til he was 5 months and that was "prescribed" by doctors.

Chelle       PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

RoguesMommy
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Ava didn't like cereal, we tried it at about 4 months. I delayed for another 2-3 months and started her on a cereal/apple mixture, or baby oatmeal- she was about 7 months old.

She got it once a day for a week, then twice a day for a week, then 3 times a day. Then by 14 months she was off all kinds of baby food and on regular food completely.

I added stage 1 baby food, or made my own for her after the first week of baby oatmeal.

So it was always baby oatmeal in the mornings, then something like carrots for lunch (sometimes thickened with a little baby oatmeal) and then like sweet potatos for dinner.

Sometimes she would take a little bit of another baby jar at dinner and I would make it like a dessert- she loved Mangos! 

K.a.C.87
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:56 PM

4 months. and she didnt get it everyday. we didnt start fruits/veggies until 6 then. we just used cereal for 'training'

i am a 21 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allen. Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

visit our family at -- http://nichclem07.blogspot.com/

halosmommy
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:58 PM

2 months started giving a tablespoon in her bottles to help her gain weight. Also to help her sleep at night:P

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)