Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 shots for H1N1

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:25 PM
  • 7 Replies

My sons got the H1N1 vaccine yesterday. It was a very difficult decision and I agonized over it. Now I have come to find out that to get total immunity they need to have another booster shot in 3-4 weeks. Did anyone else's pediatrician tell then the same thing...that children nine and under need two shots?

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MrsSamMerlotte
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:26 PM

bump

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:27 PM

A Pedi didn't tell me, but as far as I understand, yes that is true.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/09/21/health/main5327369.shtml

With light and love.

sahm_of_rj
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:28 PM

I got my DS his booster of the regular flu today and his pedi told me that when they do the H1N1 it will also be two shots.  They won't actually do it because I'm planning on refusing the H1N1 but since you asked, yes I did hear that from my doctor :) Hope that helps!

RJFegwRLW21109
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Thats what I heard. Good for you getting them the Vaccine. I get mine tomorrow and I am trying to find somewhere for DD to get both her Flu and h1n1. (her Dr office is out)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

~*~Rachel~*~
                                          Mommy to Emily Grace
BeachyMom2
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:29 PM

I had read that they might need two shots, I just didn't realize that it was something that they were definitely recommending.

BeachyMom2
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:51 PM

bump

NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Yup, my 3 year old and 17 month old got theirs on monday (after wainting in line for over 2 hours. I felt much better about my decision when I saw the building lined up with moms, dads, babies, toddlers, preschoolers, kids, etc...). Anyways, after the shot the doc said they will need another in a month (if they have it, Kaiser is already out and it just came out on Monday!). My son had his first seasonal shot this year too and he needs another one of those in a month too. We havent had any weird side effects. Swine Flu is hitting my county HARD right now. My daughter is in preschool and they do an afterschool program there for kids from the elementary school. Right now the elementary school is getting tons of cases of the swine flu. I woudlnt worry so much but whenever my kids get a simple cold, they get SO sick with upper resperitory infections so I just want to protect them...I pulled Kylie from school until her vaccine kicks in and the swine flu dies down a bit here. She only goes 2 times a week so its no big deal.

Hi!! My name is Erin, I'm 24, a mother of 2 kids- Kylie (3) and Lucas (1), creator of TheKylieWrap.com, and loving wife to Matt. I am a beleiver of attachment parenting. I am a non-cio, extended breastfeeding, co-sleeping, drama-free, silly, sweet mama who is always looking for new friends :o)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)