Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How bad was the flu for you and your family?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:40 PM
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: How sick did you and your family get with H1N1?

Options:

We haven't gotten it yet

Less than 48 hours

3-7 days/ mild case

over a week/ moderate case

Required medical intervention IV, breathing treatment, etc

Required hospitalation

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 12

View Results

Ok, I'm hearing some people say that swine flu was milder than the regular flu and no big deal and then I'm hearing some people say they or there LO's were hospitalized. I was curious how it breaks down here. If more than one person was sick, I guess try and find the middle ground.

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
smalltowngal
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:47 PM

DS needed an IV and DD needed steroids to help croup and wheezing.

Red_Rose_0905
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:49 PM

I got swine flu about two months ago and i had to go to the emergency room.  We have two girls and a son and my husband was going to school and living in another state at the time.  We were in the process of moving at the time also.  So because i was talking care of our babies and packing and everything else a sahm has to do , i was not able to get the proper rest and recovery needed, i wasnt able to sleep or eat or drink anything for 5 days. Finally it got to the point where i wasnt going to the restroom either, thats when i knew i had to go to the hospital.  I called my husband and begged him to make the 4 hour trip home and take me the the hospital. (he had the only car)I was kept over night while they pumped fluid by the bag full into me and was given some sleeping medication by iv so that i could get some much needed sleep, then released in the morning.  It was all together awful for me.  Thank God my kids didnt get it though.  Im sure however that if i had been able to rest and get over it on my own i would have been able to. 

aidia
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:50 PM

I'm not sure we had it, but myself and two of my kids had the flu. We had sore throats, headaches, body aches, fevers, fatigue and still have a bad cough. I also had nausea and my kids had loss of appetite. We weren't tested, so don't know if it was H1N1. 

smalltowngal
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Bump so more people can vote.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)