Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your favorite crock pot recipe?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:41 PM
  • 6 Replies

I just got a crock pot yesterday (on clearance for $5.19...steal!)

What are some of your favorite crock pot recipes? Right now I have chicken, taters, carrots and celery in there. I always loving trying new things though :o)

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ktwister
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Pot Roast- Liptons onion soup,  potatoes, onions and add water to cover.

I made a breakfast casserole in mine the other day.

Cooked turkey sausage and layered with hashbrowns, green chiles, mushrooms, green peppers, shredded cheese and poured 12 beaten eggs over the top.

Does anyone have white chicken chili recipe?

MNLETLE
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Pulled pork sandwiches.

Boneless ribs your favorite BBQ sauce (and for me because I'm from North Carolina I like vinegar and hot pepper flakes)

Pull pork when it's done cooking. MMMMM MMMM good.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

jlm2676
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:48 PM

We LOVE roast beef in the crock pot.  After 8 hours of cooking, it is so tender.

Chuck Roast, Onion Soup envelope, cream of celery (should be mushroom but we don't like mushroom) potatoes, carrots, can of water.  Cook for 8 - 10 hours.  The roast will just melt in your mouth.  Sometimes I don't even put the potatoes or carrots in and make mashed potaotes instead.

JEN
baby development

babies
megarooniduh
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Beef tips and rice, or queso dip!

Ready for this? I am an 18 year old, graduated from high school, exclusively breastfeeding, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, baby signing, no CIO believing, vaxing, extended rear facing, delaying solids, organic feeding, unwed (but dating the father of my child for going on 3 years), stay at home, mommy of a 1 year old little booger that says mama & dada! With plans to continue my education as a Registered Nurse, be the best mom I can be, and change the stereo-type for teenage parents!

megarooniduh
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:53 PM

http://southernfood.about.com/library/crock/blcpidx.htm

Ready for this? I am an 18 year old, graduated from high school, exclusively breastfeeding, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, baby signing, no CIO believing, vaxing, extended rear facing, delaying solids, organic feeding, unwed (but dating the father of my child for going on 3 years), stay at home, mommy of a 1 year old little booger that says mama & dada! With plans to continue my education as a Registered Nurse, be the best mom I can be, and change the stereo-type for teenage parents!

isra1986
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:56 PM

I have adapted lots of arabic recipes to the crockpot!
Stuffed grape leaves:
Grape leaves, ground beef, rice, tomato juice, sauce and crushed, lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper.

Mix ground beef, rice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Roll grape leaves around a tablespoon of the mixture. It will be about 2 inches long, and the width of your pinky finger.
Layer leaves in crockpot, add tomato sauce, juice and crushed tomato until it covers them. Cook on high. Serve on a serving platter, sprinkle with lemon juice.

Bamia:
Frozen chopped okra, tomatos sauce, beef cubes or lamb, garlic, salt and pepper, cooked rice.

Saute okra, put in crockpot with tomato juice and water (it should be like thin soup) saute meat and garlic, add to crockpot with salt and pepper. Cook on low all day. Serve over rice.

Artichoke, creamcheese, sour cream, spinach chicken breasts:
Put frozen chicken breasts in crockpot. spread softened cream cheese over them, and sour cream. Add frozen spinach and artichokes (Drain and rinse them) Cook on low all day, serve over rice!

Playschool Preschool Group- Chat tonight at 9 p.m. Eastern time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)