Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CHRISTIAN QUOTE OF THE DAY 10-29

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:11 PM
  • 14 Replies

- The life of self-centeredness and self-satisfaction lived by most of today's "Christians" is so all-pervading that it effectively seals them off from any understanding at all of spiritual life; and when such people do undertake "spiritual life," it is only as another form of self-satisfaction.

Fr. Seraphim Rose

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iheartmyshaman
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Ain't that the truth.

I would be hesistant to say "most" Christians though.  I know some that are really nice and they don't care to convert me or anything.

mama310583
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Its not like I chose the words...

Quoting iheartmyshaman:

Ain't that the truth.

I would be hesistant to say "most" Christians though.  I know some that are really nice and they don't care to convert me or anything.

MommaChristmas
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:21 PM

OOOH can I play? Why don't we make a thread bashing everyone's faith? There are so many: Jewish, pagan, Ba'hai, Buddist, Hindu, Muslim...oh I could go on and on! FUN FUN FUN!

popcorn

iheartmyshaman
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:21 PM

I know.

Quoting mama310583:

Its not like I chose the words...

Quoting iheartmyshaman:

Ain't that the truth.

mama310583
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:22 PM

HUH?? Who is bashing???

Quoting MommaChristmas:

OOOH can I play? Why don't we make a thread bashing everyone's faith? There are so many: Jewish, pagan, Ba'hai, Buddist, Hindu, Muslim...oh I could go on and on! FUN FUN FUN!

popcorn

mama310583
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:30 PM

FYI - Fr. Seraphim is a Christian Monastic.

mama310583
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:14 PM

But if thats what YOU want to do, go ahead! Just leave me out of it! ;)

Quoting MommaChristmas:

popcorn

MommaChristmas
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Sarcasm...look it up.

Quoting mama310583:

Quoting MommaChristmas:

popcorn

mama310583
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:20 PM

ooooohhhhh... You showed me!

Quoting MommaChristmas:

Sarcasm...look it up.

Quoting mama310583:

Quoting MommaChristmas:

popcorn

VeronicaTex
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:20 PM

I believe this whole-heartedly and in fact am experiencing this in my own life at the present.  But I know the Lord will prevail in the end and to the end.   Thank you for sharing this!!!!!!!!!!  It helped to make my day!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)