Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you let your toddlers...

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:35 PM
  • 28 Replies

have sweets? Every once in a while I let my 2 year old have cookies or whatever. Well, I just took him up to the gas station so I could get a drink & I got him a package of tiny oreos. SO threw a fit that I was letting him eat them. I mean, he is a SKINNY baby, having cookies occasionally is not going to make him obsese. So he took the cookies away & now I have an angry 2 year old on my hands... Ugh..

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gabeys_Mommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Well..my little one has 4 grandmothers, and a mommy who loves sweets... so I'd say he has far too many. =(

Hate to say it, but in your situation... if you're the one who's left with the angry 2 y/o and hubby is gone...go for it. lol.

cowboygal
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Yup I let my kids at that age have sweets occasionally. They are not obese to this day. Every once in awhile is not going to hurt a child.  I would hand ds to SO and go get a coffee or something.   

This signature is very tall. Try to keep it shorter than this green section.
chair.r13
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Sounds to me like you have 2 angry 2 year olds lol. You're fine Momma, occasional sweet treats are part of being a kid

lovinmykiddo07
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Quoting Gabeys_Mommy:

Well..my little one has 4 grandmothers, and a mommy who loves sweets... so I'd say he has far too many. =(

Hate to say it, but in your situation... if you're the one who's left with the angry 2 y/o and hubby is gone...go for it. lol.

haha Well he didnt leave.. its just when he gets home from work he goes straight to his video games & I am the one watching Elijah.

larissacst
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:39 PM

yep, he has sweets all the time. My DS is skinny too and a very picky eater so if he'll eat oreos then I let him have it. Was SO already in a foul mood already- seems like he was just looking for something to bitch about. lol

Cissyhill
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Quoting Gabeys_Mommy:

haha Well he didnt leave.. its just when he gets home from work he goes straight to his video games & I am the one watching Elijah.

video games are much worse than the occasional sweet!  good luck

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:42 PM

yep ..moderation is key. dd is skinny lil twig ..she's got her daddy's genes thankfully lol I look at a cookie I gain weight LOL

shajdinyak
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:43 PM

DD will have very little on occassion.  However she throws a fit cuz she wants more.  I just walk away and she is fine after a few min.

Josslynsmommy
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:44 PM

My 2year old has sweets once in a while too. She's small for her age, but even if she was average I would let her have them here and there. Every Packer game it's our own little thing to either have homemade pizza or subway during the game..and she usually gets cheetos after her subway. After pizza she can have a little ice cream with chocolate. Just our own little thing I like to do with her.

My name is Lindsey. I am a young single mother, teacher, advocate, best friend, support system, and everything else under the sun to my strong little girl, Josslyn Kate, diagnosed with a very rare auto immune disease, Autoimmune Lymphoproliferative Syndrome. She is my life and what I live for every second of every day.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/josslynfrost

Schleetle
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Yes occasionally when they were toddlers... We don't do soda, but they love sweets. There were, and still are times they have a cookie, or ice cream as a treat. They are by no means obese - more like two little tooth picks. lol 

Pregnancy Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)