Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipe book for kid's meals??

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:42 PM
  • 1 Replies

Is there a book out there on how to make yummy healthy snacks/meals (quick & easy ideas?) I'm struggling with my 2 year old. Seems like every meal he just wants to eat goldfish. I made blueberry muffins today and offered him an orange. He wouldn't touch the muffin, but devoured the orange :) I think that is the first time I ever offered him an orange (I don't like oranges so I usually don't buy them) He will eat Kraft Mac N Cheese, but how many times can I make that a week.lol.?? And we will eat boiled cauliflower. He used to love chicken nuggets and now he hates those too... ideas? Anyone know of a recipe book geared to making meals for children?? I'm just getting frustrated of making stuff he won't eat and now I feel bad b/c now my first instinct at meals is just let him pick what he wants (which is usually some goldfish or other dry finger food) and then I feel like I'm not even offering him all the food groups.

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
betsyabel
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:24 PM

I don't have it myself, but found one called "Real Food for Healthy Kids" that looks good.  I've used kidshealth.org, they have a nice recipe section for kids.  I feel your pain, I've got a very picky eater myself.  One week he loves something, the next he hates it and only wants to eat one or two things over and over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)