Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sorta good news... I guess

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:51 PM
  • 1 Replies

So, I posted the other day about how I had to take my son to the child development center and how I'm looking at a possible diagnosis for autism. I've been asking my doctor for months what to do with him and how I can't control him and she hasn't listened.

I got a call from her today that she had the results and apparently it's going to go ahead and be treated as ASD even though he hasn't been officially diagnosed. She told me to schedule an appt with her and she was gonna get him on some low-dose meds for ADHD and get him in to see a nuerologist so that we don't have as long of a wait. I wanted to cry because she said "We're gonna get you and him the help that's needed." I've been begging for help or for something and this is what it takes. She's gonna get him a new speech therapy since he lost his and get him into some other things too.

I'm sad because I'm still scared but I'm happy too because I don't feel like so much of a failure anymore.

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
twinmamaof3
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:54 PM

I think that is great news!  At least now you will be getting the help you guys need! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)