Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone have an older toddler who still has a paci??

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:43 PM
  • 14 Replies

I was just curious... my 3 year old does!!

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Not.So.Virginal
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:44 PM

i wouldnt let my son have his past 18 months....

my nephew's 2 1/2 and still has his when he sleeps... or so they say. Everytime I see him, he has it. I am a meany and i take it away because he tries to talk with it in.....

ally1021
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:45 PM

yes 2.5...we've tried everything gutting the tips off, giving them to the paci ferry, bribing...ugh. Now he'll go places w/out it but he still has to have it at night. I was up till 3 am with him the other night b/c he didnt have one, i finally gave in.

lovemymarine306
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:45 PM

nope...we finally tossed it at 18 months

honeybee2504
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Yep my dd is 2 1/2 and still has her boo boo she calls it lol..I can't seem get away from her..even though we managed to narrow it down to when she sleeps 

ImHisMommy
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:48 PM

Nope.  My son had one and the day he turned three months he spit it out and hasn't wanted one since.

ComotionGirl
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:48 PM

My Son had it up until right before his 3rd birthday.  I tried to only use it when he was sleeping but he really wanted it.  My dr said not to stress and worry over it.  He will give it up eventually.  So we didn't sweat it. 

How we got rid of it was, we went away for a weekend.  I told him I forgot to bring his Binky.  He was very upset, but we kept him busy and at night he was so tired he just went to sleep.  He did ask for it several times but I told him they were at home.  (I did have one just in case of a huge melt down) but I never needed it.

When we returned home he did ask for it a few times, but I just told him I didn't know where any were and he had to go find them himself and he forgot about it. 

We have a new baby and the baby uses the kind of Binky that my Son used and he looked at him funny a few times.  I really though he was gonna try to steal it but, it was never an issue.  He will even go get the baby a Binky and give it to him. 

We had a few tears but it was easier than I thought!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
ZachsMom325
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:53 PM

My son is 2.7 years old and still has one.  

bxbsmommy
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:53 PM

My son who just turned two still has his.  However, it never uses it in public. 

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Nope! My happy three year old stop taking his at 10 months.  Good thing because at 1 year I was weaning maybe cold turkey. 

Daisypath

Lilypie
Lilcountrygrl86
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:56 PM

My daughter will be offically 2 and a half next month...and she still has hers. She LOVES her binki. I know I need to take it away soon buts its NOT gonna be easy. She srcreams and crys for that thing when she losses it...I end up tearing the room apart to find it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)