Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

calling all experts....

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:57 PM
  • 4 Replies

I need ideas on how to entertain and teach my 2 1/2 yr old to entertain herself at times! I have a 3 month old I'm nursing on demand, and some days all she wants is to be held by me. Help is limited as we have no family close by and hubby works alot. He tries, but he can only do so much. DD #2 doesn't like the sling very much, and running around the park with a stroller isn't easy. Oh, and if anyone can send a maid I'd be grateful! I thought I had it all under control, but the kids proved me wrong LOL!

a side note, we do not have a fenced yard or I'd let her run out there. I've tried dancing to music, but thats getting old to her...she has so much energy!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bec94
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:04 PM

bump!

MamaBloom777
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Does she like to color?  Maybe some crayons & a coloring book?  DS loves to finger paint, but that's super messy & you can't really let them do that on their own (unless you want your house repainted). 

I'm trying to think of some other "art projects" that she could do so young...its hard.  How about playing dress up?  When I was young, my mom got me a little play cleaning set (like a vaccum, etc.) and I would go around the house like she did "cleaning".  Maybe that could entertain her a little?  Playdoh?

That's all I could think of off the top of my head. 

bec94
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:15 PM

I did the platdoh, crayons and the color wonder finger paints...she tired of that. I had her helping me clean, and that worked for a while. i use vinager, and she has decided she likes the smell and taste..*sigh*. She is great with her sis, she really is a mommy's helper, but i see her getting bored. We've done' the zoo, but I can't take her on the merry go round that she loves because of dd #2

Quoting MamaBloom777:

Does she like to color?  Maybe some crayons & a coloring book?  DS loves to finger paint, but that's super messy & you can't really let them do that on their own (unless you want your house repainted). 

I'm trying to think of some other "art projects" that she could do so young...its hard.  How about playing dress up?  When I was young, my mom got me a little play cleaning set (like a vaccum, etc.) and I would go around the house like she did "cleaning".  Maybe that could entertain her a little?  Playdoh?

That's all I could think of off the top of my head. 

NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Thats really tough. My DD was almost 2 when my son was born and it was sooooooooooo hard at first. She is VERY attached to me. At the time I was still rocking her to sleep and the baby didnt want daddy holding him for more then 5 minutes, so it was so hard on us. I wore him a lot in a baby wrap (so much more comfy then slings) and that helped because I had my hands free for my daughter and I could even nurse my son in the wrap, which was so helpful. Its amazing carrying your baby and still having your hands free. I make them now b/c i love them so much, you can see my website in my signature.

Anyways, how to entertain a 2 year old...hmmm.,...I think at firs twe put on movies for her, lots of craft activities like coloring and finger painting, reading books...walks around the block (with her in the monkey backpack thing and lucas in his wrap). Trips to the park, playgroups, etc....

Good luck. It DOES get easier. Right now, my son and daughter are playing together in the play room. Its so cute :o)

Hi!! My name is Erin, I'm 24, a mother of 2 kids- Kylie (3) and Lucas (1), creator of TheKylieWrap.com, and loving wife to Matt. I am a beleiver of attachment parenting. I am a non-cio, extended breastfeeding, co-sleeping, drama-free, silly, sweet mama who is always looking for new friends :o)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)