Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mix feelings about my dad . please i need opinions

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:07 PM
  • 10 Replies

well I was cooking and my cheap phone will not reach all the way to the kitchen . so when I come to the living room I see i have a message  from my dad . he has Not call me since DEC of last year .. Not even for my birthday . I don't feel hate but i feel resentment(sp?) for him not calling in all this time . a little back information he left my mother when I was two I have seen him about 10 times in all my 24 years on this earth . I just feel like telling him not to call me if he is not going to be a part of my life because it hurts that he calls once a year .. sorry if I don't make sense I feel like crying ..

"Without legalization there will be no re-election"

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
monkeysmom2003
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:10 PM

I guess i forgot to ask should I call him and be nice or call him and tell him not to ever call me again?

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:11 PM

aww I'm sorry hon. I think some ppl you have to love from afar. Tell him how you feel and if you need to keep your distance for your emotional well being definitely do it. hugs

oneonlymomma
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Trust me from experience in this situtation, it doesn't get any better. Men like this have no intention of really ever being a father. Good luck to ya but, I finally gave up and haven't spoken or seen my father in 6 years and its the way i like it.

pinkcarebear
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Your situation with your dad is a lot like mines. He left when I was young and came in and out of my life for most of my life. I finally sat down and told him how I was feeling and he let me know afew things that made me understand him more and now we have a closer relationship he calls me and I make has munch of an effort to call him. He actu ally came for a visit this summer. I hope you can work out all your feeling and things get better. I look at it this way you only have one dad and never know how long they will be here. Good luck :}

Kiki7808
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:15 PM

i know how you feel things are like this with my father aswell... i have felt like telling alll of my dads side of the family to just forget about me and keep going on not making a effort. it hurts alot especailly with having my daughter you know i would like him to be a part of her life... i think the last time i talked to him on the phone was 2 or months ago... Just tell him how you feel igues... i know that is harder than it sounds cuz me and my dad dont have very good comunication skills... good luck

greenie63
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:15 PM

(((hugs))) you are more then entitled to feel that way. i'm sorry momma.

monkeysmom2003
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:18 PM

you are right we only have one dad but when you have live all of your life with out one its hard to let him back in and just for him to leave with out notice ..

Quoting pinkcarebear:

Your situation with your dad is a lot like mines. He left when I was young and came in and out of my life for most of my life. I finally sat down and told him how I was feeling and he let me know afew things that made me understand him more and now we have a closer relationship he calls me and I make has munch of an effort to call him. He actu ally came for a visit this summer. I hope you can work out all your feeling and things get better. I look at it this way you only have one dad and never know how long they will be here. Good luck :}

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:24 PM

This is my dad I had not seen him in nearly 8 yrs and even b4 that it was always when it was convient for him Afetr my mom passed I called him. Although I dont feel like father and daughter with him Its still nice to know that I have told him how I feel and that I love him no matter what mistakes life has made for us both. It still feels good to hug him to hear his voice to feel his whiskers an my face.

But thast what was right for me You need to think of what is right for you and yours. KWIM

Quoting Kiki7808:

i know how you feel things are like this with my father aswell... i have felt like telling alll of my dads side of the family to just forget about me and keep going on not making a effort. it hurts alot especailly with having my daughter you know i would like him to be a part of her life... i think the last time i talked to him on the phone was 2 or months ago... Just tell him how you feel igues... i know that is harder than it sounds cuz me and my dad dont have very good comunication skills... good luck

mrsgibb
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Do what your heart tells you. My Dad came back into my life at the age of 13. I had not seen him for 10 yrs. All it did was cause me heart ache. About 2 yrs later I told him I couldn't see him any more and cut off contact. It was just non stop drama with him. For a while his family was very upset with me. However , I am a happier person now.

Good luck with whatever you decide !1

CafeMom Tickers

lesliesam
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:25 PM

I'm sorry. I would tell him how you feel and tell him he can be more active or just leave you alone.

It's nice to have our parents, but its not worth the pain and confusion you are going through.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)