Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another Trick or Treat post

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:33 PM
  • 13 Replies

Do you give out candy?  Or just take your children out to trick or treat?

We have people bring kids in by the car loads in our neighborhood.  The police had to stop that last year because it was just becoming too dangerous.  I get it if you don't live in a neighborhood, but some where coming from another neighborhood!  I guess they thought we had better candy.

For us, I walked the kids down our street while dh gives out candy.  Then, he walks them over the next street while I give out candy.  Then, I take them to my parent's house.

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
monkeysmom2003
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:36 PM

guilty of doing this .. where I live no one gives out candy .. embarrassed

"Without legalization there will be no re-election"

2gud2btrue
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:36 PM

last year i took the kids out.  this year im keeping them in cuz its supposed to rain.  so im gonna pass out candy and each time someone comes to the door for candy my kids each get something in their bucket too.   

aidia
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:37 PM

We give out candy when we get home from trick or treating, but no one stays home to do it.

livingrlovesong
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:39 PM

We live at an apartment complex so we will be going to my in-laws neighborhood to go trick or treating. Sometimes I stay at their house to hand out candy while they take the little ones. This year I will probably take our kids to a few houses (well take our DD anyway. our son will be two weeks old on that day) then the baby and I might go back to their house to hand out candy with daddy takes our DD to more houses

Randi- One Blessed MaMa & Soon To Be Wife
      in love   toddler girl   baby boy
     Randi & Caleb   Emma Grace   Ethan Carter
          4*7*06         4*15*07       10*17*09

wifeofvet
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Quoting 2gud2btrue:

last year i took the kids out.  this year im keeping them in cuz its supposed to rain.  so im gonna pass out candy and each time someone comes to the door for candy my kids each get something in their bucket too.   

One year my son couldn't go trick or treating because he had chicken pox.  I took a bunch of candy and hid it all ovet the house for him to find.

De_Chick
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:40 PM

We get between 350 and 400 trick or treaters every year here. We always give out treats and I  know alot of the kids from the neighboring town come but it doesn't bother me. We used to get alot less kids at the other house so its kind of nice to see them all out having fun.

We give candy bars, pop and chips usually. This year I got candy bars, assorted candy like skittles, starburst etc. hot chocolate mixes, drink boxes and fun fruits to mix it up.

bluesky51201
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:41 PM

I hate it when people do that, we've had that issue before.  All the car loads of people coming into our neighborhoods when the children who actually live here are out walking.  We give out candy, we TorT for the first hour then pass it out the second hour.

stefvan
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Quoting wifeofvet:

Quoting 2gud2btrue:

One year my son couldn't go trick or treating because he had chicken pox.  I took a bunch of candy and hid it all ovet the house for him to find.

My parents have a pic of me at 3 in my costume with the mumps!  My bucket was still full because we were in the military and when our neighbors found out, they sent candy over.  We were in base housing in an apartment.  I don't remember it - but that's what my parents have told me.

2gud2btrue
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:43 PM

awww thats so cute i bet he loved it! 

Quoting wifeofvet:

Quoting 2gud2btrue:

mamalinzie
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:44 PM

I live in an apt complex. Last year was our first Halloween here, so I bought one bag of candy and told DH to keep an ear out in case somebody came, but nobody did. This year I will probably do the same, just in case.  

I take DD out to which ever neighborhood is most convenient. Last year we went to one right off down town because the down town trick or treating was the same night as the city trick or treating. This year, we will probably do the neihgborhood closes to us, just because it will be easier.

Why does my Pre-Schooler ride Rear-Facing? Because she is not a minimum. She deserves more than that. If we get into an accident, I want to know that I have done everything in my power to protect her.  Rear-Facing is endorsed by every car seat authority in the US. It is PROVEN to be safer. Why would I choose to take an unneccessary risk with the most precious gift that I have been given? PM me for more info!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)