Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do for my DD who won't let herself go to the potty?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:57 PM
  • 3 Replies

We started potty training my 20 month old DD about 3 months ago. At first it was going really good she would pee in the potty but would not poop. Then she just stopped wanting to go potty in the toilet all together. She would tell me she had to pee pee or poo poo, but would not go in the toilet. A couple of weeks ago I started noticing she would have to go poo poo but would hold it. She would hold it for a few days until she started cramping. And would just let out a little bit at a time. She is not constipated, just don't want it to come out. And now today she started doing it with her pee. She tells me pee pee, and just starts crying pee pee, and tugs at her diaper. Has anyone been through this before, any advice?

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Chrystal_A
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:03 PM

I just answered a similar question in the toddler group a few days ago,I personally have not expieranced such but have a few suggestions.Increase her fiber these days most kids products has five.Give her a prune if ya want.Softening her poop up should make it to where she just can not hold it in.There are medicines you could give her to make her go but I just wouldnt take that step yet because shes not going to get to the potty if she has direah,however it is unhealthy for her to not be pooping.As far as peeing put her on the potty with a big girl cup(no lid) this is a perfect time for her to learn to drink out of a big girl cup.If she spills it oh her self that cold water might make her go and what goes in her mouth should make her pee too.

addisonmiacaleb
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Thanks, that is a great idea!

Quoting Chrystal_A:

I just answered a similar question in the toddler group a few days ago,I personally have not expieranced such but have a few suggestions.Increase her fiber these days most kids products has five.Give her a prune if ya want.Softening her poop up should make it to where she just can not hold it in.There are medicines you could give her to make her go but I just wouldnt take that step yet because shes not going to get to the potty if she has direah,however it is unhealthy for her to not be pooping.As far as peeing put her on the potty with a big girl cup(no lid) this is a perfect time for her to learn to drink out of a big girl cup.If she spills it oh her self that cold water might make her go and what goes in her mouth should make her pee too.

brownhoney21
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:08 PM

I had a child like this in day care. I would put her on the potty every 15 min it worked. I hope this will help you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)