Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Private Profiles

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:13 PM
  • 11 Replies

The other day, someone was going on about the people who have the private profiles start the most crap.
And I got to thinking (because my profile was private)... What is the point of having a profile if you are going to keep it private?

So I took anything I wouldn't want to share with the world (mostly pictures) off of my profile, and made it public.

Eat your heart out. LMAO!

Danielle
ICAN supporter, Cesarean Mother, Natural Birth Advocate, Breastfeeding, Attachment Parenting, Baby wearing, Selectively Vaccinating, Pro Choice, Gay Marriage Supporting, Doula, Aspiring Midwife, Blogging, Loud Mouth, Bitch, Democrat, Stay At Home Mom, Reformed Mormon, Chiropractic Care for Children Supporting, VBAC Supporting, Home Birth Supporting, Radical Mother of Two amazing little boys.
Camden Kent and Benjamin Emil

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abbynzachsmommy
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:15 PM

I keep mine private for a lot of reasons. If someone wants to look at my profile or get to know me better, they are more than welcome to send me a friend invite, but I like knowing who is looking at my stuff.

navy     Lovin my Sailor!!!

Pregnant with baby #3? join us! ~ Pregnant again!...baby#3

Want to connect with other Navy wives? Check us out! ~ Navy Wives

MomTo2Boys2526
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:15 PM

Well mine is private and I usually only let friends and family see my page =)

You never know who can create a cafemom account and look at your little ones..

mirandas_mom
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:17 PM

That's true, Maybe I should do that. LOL 

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Yeah, some dumb dumb left me a chatterbox messages saying I was fake because I didn't have pix of my "kids" on my profile. I deleted her nasty comment. I have my profile for people to see, but I think I have a right to privacy concerning my kids pix and my personal infomation. Some people need to learn to mind their own business. IMO!!

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.  ~Bruce Crampton

CSRodriguez
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:18 PM

in truth the ones who bitch about a private profile are the ones that go there and leave  nasty remarks.  Or  to find something rude or snarky to say that is off the topic entirely .    

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:18 PM

You ladies can set your profile page to only show things you want to share,the other stuff can be set to private and only show on your homepage. My home page is totally different than my profile page.

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.  ~Bruce Crampton

UncondtnlLove
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:19 PM

My profile is private just b/c that's the way that I prefer for it to be. Maybe someday I'll make it public but for now, maybe b/c I'm going through a divorce and don't want to be stalked by ANYONE, that's what I'm comfortable with. 

isra1986
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Mine was private for a while because there was a time where there was too many people who would send me Chatterbox messages and nasty picture comments because they were ignorant and thought it was ok to insult my daughter and myfamily because of my religion. Thankfully, that time has passed, but it may come again and I would have no problem putting myself private again!

Playschool Preschool Group- Chat tonight at 9 p.m. Eastern time!

bobthepepperma
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:26 PM

My profile is public but I don't put anything on it that I wouldn't want to share with the world.  My kids' names and pictures aren't on it.  My picture isn't even on it.  It shows some of my personality but nothing too personal.  I don't blame people for deciding to have their profiles private though, there's some wackos out there poking around online.

2babybats
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Mine is normally on public. But every once in a great while I put it on private (like yesterday) because I'll have someone harassing me in a post and those kind of people I don't want knowing anything about me or my family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)