Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you split up trick-or-treating with your SO?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:13 PM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you take your child Trick-or-Treating while SO stays home and gives out candy, then switch half way through?

Options:

Yes (please reply with the state in which you live)

No, we both take them Trick-or-Treating and we don't pass out candy (please reply with the state in which you live)

No, we don't take our kids Trick-or-Treating, but we do pass out candy (please reply with the state in which you live)

Other (Because there always is) (please reply with the state in which you live)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 9

View Results

My hubby and I have a debate going on about Trick-or-Treating, and if the traditions vary from one part of the country to another. Please answer the poll, and then list which part of the country you live in. Thanks!!

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lovemymarine306
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:16 PM

we live in california, we don't hand out candy and we both take her trick or treating.  it wouldn't matter where we live..we dont' hand out candy because we live at the end of an unfestive cul-de-sac.  no one came TT to our house last year and we ended up with tons of candy.  never again!

venessavw
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Im a single mom so i take them. If we get home early i will take some of their candy and hand it out if anyone comes by lol They are 2 and 3 and dont need alot of candy anyways. (i said other)

CMcLaws
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:20 PM

bump 

NananRaysmom
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Well...we have been separated for a few years.  But, he comes over and we both take the kids...then he goes home and the kids and I hand out candy.  When we were together....his whole family would come over.  The men would stay home and cook a huge dinner and pass out candy...and the moms and kids would go trick or treating.  Colorado..

The "community organizer" cant bitch when the community starts to organize.  Even when we start to organize against him!

GabriellaM
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:22 PM

Well, this year my husband is working on Halloween night, so my inlaws are going to come over and eat dinner with us, then they'll stay at the house and hand out candy while I take the kids out trick or treating with some friends of mine and their kids.

Cecilydw
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:22 PM

We live out in the country in Arkansas, so we don't hand out candy, but we take the kids to town to T Or T.  We go to our church, all the grandparents, then we meet up with their best friend and go around his neighborhood.  So the kids get a LOT of candy...and then when they finally go to bed, Jared and I pick out our favorite candy...they never know :D

Not.So.Virginal
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:23 PM

my husband hides in his office with all of the lights off because he sucks

my neighbors and i take the kids together (a group of 8-10 kids and 3-5 adults, depending on the year)

my husband knows that my son enjoys TOT with the neighbors, but he has also offered to take us to his parent's neighborhood and the 3 of us would go together.... we're not really worried about the candy though, more or less the memories

Lilcountrygrl86
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:25 PM

My fiance plans on drinking beer in the garage and handing out candy...the get all into decorating the garage. People always think its a haunted house. So he will be handing out candy and scaring kids while I take our daughter around our neighborhood. His younger brother(17) and sister(5) and his mother will probably go with us though. We will see = )

Raine2007
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:31 PM

There are very few that go Door to door here (Cheyenne WY) We tend to get so much snow that it's too cold.  This is our eldest's 3nd Halloween and our youngest 1st and we haven't had a dry Halloween yet. Most take the kids to the mall. We have gone together in years past but this year I will take the girls to the Mall myself with some of my girlfriends and then we might go by the grandparents.

You know your from Wyoming when you desine Halloween costums to fit over a snow suit....

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)