Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone going Trick or Treating tonight?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:16 PM
  • 13 Replies

Here in Ohio (in some of the towns) we go Trick or Treating before the actual day. I'm not sure why they do this since I'm still new to the state.

So is anyone else taking their kiddos out Trick or Treating?

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deltacogirl
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:17 PM

I've never heard of that.  I'd imagine there would be a lot of surprised people answering doors.

aidia
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:18 PM

No, we are going tomorrow night at the square in town and then Saturday night. 

GabriellaM
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:19 PM

Nope, ours is Saturday night. I've heard of towns doing it on Thursday nights as opposed to the weekends though to help ease some crazy teen activity haha.

TheFoo
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:19 PM

This isnt the night before halloween anyway hun LOL Halloween is Saturday this is Thursday. No I dont know of anyone who goes sthe night before.

CafeMom Tickers

Laura4807
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Um, no. We go on Halloween, lol

WesNwillsmom
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:23 PM

My husband grew up in Ohio and thats how they did it even way back when. I had never heard of it, but he has fond memories :) Have a great time!!

Turkeysmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Our town will be doing it Friday and Saturday.  However there are a few things going on tonight that you can take them to.  Our local mall is allowing kids to go from store to store, there is a nursing home doing it tonight and they can also go to downtown businesses tonight as well.  We might do the nursing home.  I know the people living there would enjoy seeing the kids the most.

RoseWall
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:24 PM

no. really. wow.

quellhorst
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Not today

However I do live in a very small town where the only places open on saturdays are the bars and gas station, o I guess the grocery store it too!

This means Im taking my girls around to the banks (there is 2 of them) the court house (small town everyone hands out candy.) and the cable/telephone company. Also the ambulance garage my dad is taking EMT class and he takes my oldest dd over sometimes to visit the lady that gives the classes and she loves my dd so she wants us to come there too.

Other than that we will be going out satuday night. My girls are 3 years old and almost 5 months old. My mom will be coming to my house to hand out candy while we are gone, then if its to cold we can bring our 5 month old back home with my mom.

Wow that ended up longer then i wanted.

meryclaire
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:31 PM

We are going to go to the College here in about 45 minutes! the kids are bursting and we are trying to talk them in to eating something before we go!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)