Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm in the market for some new cookware.

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

I currently have a Faberware Non-stick cookware set and I really don't like it. I read on the website that the nonstick coating is non-toxic and if ingested it would pass through without being absorbed into the body, but it just isn't appetizing to see black particles floating around in my dinner. I'm looking for a stainless steel or copper set. Can anyone recommend a decent set?

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TiffanyMarie80
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Kitchen Aide makes a wonderful line of cookware - they have both non-stick and stainless steel and sell them both in sets and open stock.  I've been using the "hard adonized non stick" for 5 years now and I LOVE it  :)  My Mom uses the stainless steel and she also loves hers!

mirandas_mom
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:34 PM

I have always used T-fal cookware. I love it. They make nice stainless steel cookware and not horribly expensive.

http://www.t-falusa.com/All+Products/Cookware/Stainless+steel+cookware/Stainle-²Steel+Cookware+-+family+page.htm

De_Chick
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:37 PM

I love T-fal and thats about all I use anymore. So nice to cook with and easy to clean.

deltacogirl
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:38 PM

It all depends on what you can afford and different styles of cooking.  I personally love Calphalon's hard anodized cookware, its non-stick, but you don't get any flakes coming off.  All-Clad is the stainless steel gold standard.  Its amazing, and the price tag reflects that.  I personally like to just buy things open stock, that way I can get that amazing hard anodized sautee pan, the great emanel roaster, the stainless sauce pan, etc.  And you can find things on sale and at great prices that way. 

cheer4nan2
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Pampered Chef has a great stainless steel cookware line!!  If you host a party you can earn free products, 60% off selected items, half-priced items, and more!!  Check it out!

obrn4u
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:35 PM

I have Calphalon's hard anodized cookware and I love it. I did a lot of research before I bought it (as I do everything lol.)

I have a friend who swears by the Pampered Chef, but that is too costly for me.

I got my set at Bed Bath and Beyond with a 20% off coupon and also got a $50 gift card.....I am a crazy bargian hunter. I like nice stuff but don't want to pay full price!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)