Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

buying a home is stressful!! *vent*

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:40 PM
  • 20 Replies

so dh and i have recently decided to buy our first home. we found a house we liked, made an offer, agreed on an offer, got a loan, blah blah blah and thought that everything was going smoothly! originally we were gonna close on nov 23 but the buyers couldnt because of some extra fee they would have to pay. so they decided they wanted close on the 17th. we agreed. the realtor also asked us if we'd let them have one day post occupancy and we agreed, but didnt sign anything. NOW, they want to close on the 17th but have 5 days post occupancy! see the deal is, they're having a home built and they dont close on that home till the 19th. so they need the money from us closing on the 17th and want to stay in the house that will be ours for 5 extra days so that they dont have to rush moving out and into their newly built home. dh and i wouldnt have a problem with this, but our home insurance wont cover the house for those 5 extra days. their insurance wont either. so if something were to happen while they were living in our house, it would be up to us to take care of it financially. i just see this as a lot of bullshit. why couldnt they be honest with us to begin with??? i was sooo hoping everything was going to go smoothly and now here's a huge bump because we dont want them to have post occupancy and they want to have it. i dont know what is going to happen. the realtor is calling them tonight to tell them we wont agree to post occupancy. i'm really scared we'll lose the house over this. at the same time it sounds lke they really need to sell this house and fast. and if they say no deal with us, then there's no way they'll find another buyer in time. idk, i'm just stressed and worried. anyone else have to go through this? any advice?

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

The Mamalicious Group:
http://www.cafemom.com/group/106120

i am not a woman who lost my baby weight in two weeks, lets others control my parenting, and is never tired. but i am strong. i am invincible.
I AM MOM.

i'm a formula feeding, vaxing, disposable diaper using,  husband loving, blog everything, non drug using, co-sleeping, cio, speak my mind kind of mom.

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittneyon
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:43 PM

bump

The Mamalicious Group:

i am not a woman who lost my baby weight in two weeks, lets others control my parenting, and is never tired. but i am strong. i am invincible.
I AM MOM.

i'm a formula feeding, vaxing, disposable diaper using,  husband loving, blog everything, non drug using, co-sleeping, cio, speak my mind kind of mom.

KellyOh72
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Sorry you are going thru this. I do think you can break the deal if you dont agree with the post occupancy. They may come back and decide its worth it to stay in a hotel for those days then lose the buyer.

Good luck to you.

vicky88
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:46 PM

have no idea here is a BUMP

AMom29
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Quoting vicky88:

50,000 words in 30 days....can you handle it? 

Take the challenge at http://www.nanowrimo.org

MissiHampt
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:51 PM

The legal way to deal with a situation like that is to have your realator draw up a full rental agreement.  They'll have to pay you for the 5 days and will be responsible if they do any damages during that time. 

Missi....loving wife to Jason, mommy to Ricky (1-12-05), and soon to be mommy to Logan Douglas (due Feb 2010).  I'm a cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding till baby wants to quit, homeschooling, non-circumcising, anti-cry it out, part time working, animal loving, trashy romance novel reading, farm raised hillbilly.  I have had Meningitis and Swine Flu and lived to tell about it.  Any questions?

brittneyon
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:51 PM

thanks

Quoting AMom29:

Quoting vicky88:

The Mamalicious Group:

I AM MOM.

maybaby08
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:55 PM

Agree. A few years ago our friends were selling their house to move a few states away. They thought it'd take awhile to sell the house, it sold on the 2nd day!! So they drew up an agreement with the new owners and lived there for a few more weeks until they were able to find a new house up north and everything went smoothly.

Quoting MissiHampt:

The legal way to deal with a situation like that is to have your realator draw up a full rental agreement.  They'll have to pay you for the 5 days and will be responsible if they do any damages during that time. 

Yes we CAN and Yes we DID!!!!

Photobucket

OkieGirlKatrina
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Its called Storage and a Hotel....  They apparently havent heard of either.  Hopefully they wont back out on the deal....  If so then  you guys are probably meant for a better home than that one...  Try not to stress.....although I know from experience how hard that is...  We have bought 2 homes and sold one...  Its not easy on either end.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

lilkgfan
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:00 PM

I agree, buying a house is stressful. Dh and I had a similar problem when we closed on a Friday and at the closing they told us we couldn't have the keys till Monday because the funds from the mortgage company wouldn't be ready even though we gave them a certified check for the downpayment. Hang in there and I'm sorry you are going through this.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
De_Chick
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:02 PM

Quoting maybaby08:

Agree. A few years ago our friends were selling their house to move a few states away. They thought it'd take awhile to sell the house, it sold on the 2nd day!! So they drew up an agreement with the new owners and lived there for a few more weeks until they were able to find a new house up north and everything went smoothly.

Quoting MissiHampt:

This and its really not uncommon for previous owners to get anywhere from a few days to thirty days when they sell the house to vacate it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)