Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If they try to vaccinate them, what can I do?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:49 PM
  • 20 Replies

Ok, here is the situation.  My nephew almost died from a vaccine when he was young.  His pedi will not go anywhere near him or his brother or my son with a needle because of it.  Chances are any more vaccines would kill him.  He is 12 and in the 6th grade.  His brother is 9 and in 4th grade.  They are doing the H1N1 vaccine at school the beginning of November.  Consent has to be signed but anybody who doesn't vaccinate knows that not signing consent does not guarantee they won't "make a mistake" and vaccinate your child anyways.  Both boys are being told NOT to allow it to happen.  If they try to give it to them they are to do whatever it takes to get out of it.  Their mom works 3 hours away so if there is a problem she will be calling me while she drives back from work.  I have permission to take them from school (I am on their release forms) but what if they INSIST on giving them this vaccine still?  Should I call the police on their behalf if the school will not let me take them? 

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
haydensmama08
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:51 PM

maybe they can just kep them home that day.

Aislinn
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:51 PM

I would go in and talk to the principal. I would tell him, probably in these exact words, that if these children are "accidentally vaccinated" his ass will be grass. I have never heard of something so absurd. "Accidentally vaccinated". Yeah,right.

humanjunglegym
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Yes, I would call the police.  Then, I would have their asses on a platter in a law suit.

amb_josh

Get soemthing in writing from their doctor....If they do vaccinate them..sue the hell out of the school! But having doctors notes on file, as well as not signing the consent. Infact i would take the consent and write really big across it, do not vaccinate my children or i will take legal action...that should stop them....

chels210

I would send a note that says "my child will NOT be recieving the H1N1 vaccination"  Also I may include a reason why, and possibly a doctors note.  I would tell them to literally RUN if they try to give it to him or insist upon it.    I really don't know why it would be a problem though

JasonsMom2007
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:53 PM

I need to get something in writing for my son as well.  Thankfully he is only 2 so there is no way they will vaccinate him!

Quoting amb_josh:

Get soemthing in writing from their doctor....If they do vaccinate them..sue the hell out of the school! But having doctors notes on file, as well as not signing the consent. Infact i would take the consent and write really big across it, do not vaccinate my children or i will take legal action...that should stop them....

tyra618
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Their mom and you need to go to the school and talk to them.  bring in the paperwork with how vaccinations effected them and how the doctors don't want them vaccinated.  If the papers aren't signed and they give them the vaccination that is a law suit so I'm sure some sort of protocol will be in place.  Find out when the shot will take place and if need be keep them home that day.  The shots aren't just gonna show up that day and be giving.  There will be some notice.  I don't know about calling police.  If the child doesn't have a paper signed he shouldn't be pulled from the class to the nurses office(or nurses station) where the shot should be given.  Talk to the school.

circle.gif picture by lovelily45

The question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or the others crazy?  Albert Einstein

MissiHampt
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:54 PM

It happened at least once that I know of, someone posted the news clip in one of my groups the other day. 

I'd send them to school with signed notes that they can pull out if anyone screws up and tries it.  And, like the PP suggested, talk to the principal ahead of time.

Quoting Aislinn:

I would go in and talk to the principal. I would tell him, probably in these exact words, that if these children are "accidentally vaccinated" his ass will be grass. I have never heard of something so absurd. "Accidentally vaccinated". Yeah,right.

Missi....loving wife to Jason, mommy to Ricky (1-12-05), and soon to be mommy to Logan Douglas (due Feb 2010).  I'm a cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding till baby wants to quit, homeschooling, non-circumcising, anti-cry it out, part time working, animal loving, trashy romance novel reading, farm raised hillbilly.  I have had Meningitis and Swine Flu and lived to tell about it.  Any questions?

Lilcountrygrl86

I would personally talk to the teacher/principal and explain the situation. If you dont give concent, they cant make your kids get the vaccine. So if  your kids say no, and they make them get the shot anyways. The school will be held responsible. I would find out what days they are doing the vaccines and possibly pull your kids out on those days...its better to be safe than sorry if your nephew almost died from a vaccine in the past.

annie6884

I thought it was against the law to vaccinate a child without consent. So if they "accidently vaccinate" anyone they would probably be in a lot of trouble. They should really think about the way they put things!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)