Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

letters to hubby

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

my hubby is in basic and i have got several letters from him but he has yet to recive any of mine. i started to send them out on wednesday of last week. it only took two days for his letter to reach me. i do have the right address i made sure. how long does it usually take for a letter to be recived at basic. i live in TN he is in GA?

Photobucket

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Ziggy-Stardust
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:10 PM

you sent them wednesday.. as in yesterday? i would give it another day or two. 

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

UncondtnlLove
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:12 PM

I think that it depends on when the TI's pick up the mail and when they want to give it to them. I don't know but I gots lots of mail in basid and it never took me very long to get it but the TI's would always give it out on the same day, so that may make a difference. 

Also, in basic training you have to remember that they don't just get to go pick up their own mail, like I said before, it's totally on when the TI picks it up and gives it out.

monica527
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:13 PM

It some times takes up to a couple of weeks before the mail is passed out during basic training. Just hang in there sweetie!

Caroline84
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Quoting Ziggy-Stardust:

no not wednesday as in yesterday wednesday as last week on the 21st.

Photobucket

Ziggy-Stardust
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Quoting Caroline84:

Quoting Ziggy-Stardust:

no not wednesday as in yesterday wednesday as last week on the 21st.

ohh lol sorry

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

Caroline84
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:23 PM

thanks ladies . he keeps writing me and complaining about not getting any mail.

Photobucket

usafwife314
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:26 PM

It jsut depends.  My DH said it was always a week or so before he got his.  Depends on when the TI's want to give it to them.  If someone gets in trouble, they may not hand out mail that day.

SusanD
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:34 PM

When I was in basic it took a couple of weeks for me to start receiving mail and this was after the week of reception. So really closer to 3 weeks in. You have to think about how much more processing this mail takes than your standard address to address mail. Its not going from house to house direct route. Its going from the regular mail system into the military mail system and then being sorted and processed there. Then they send it down to a training company level where its sorted out into piles of individual troops and then given to the cadre of that troop and then sorted out, verified to make certain that the private is in that troop, often times checked for photographs or items that are inappropriate/contraband and then distributed. Its not like he has a direct route mailbox.  And try to keep in mind how much (and we are talking MASSIVE quantities) of mail is actually being processed both in and out of these training posts. Its a massive amount. If you write every day, then thats 5-7 letters per week from you. How many from mom, dad, siblings, friends, etc are going to him? And he is just ONE soldier....how many others are receiving daily or every other day mail and from how many different sources? Its a MASSIVE amount of mail to be sorted through.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)