Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We should have circumsized :( ***Edit*** ***Update 2***

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:47 PM
  • 22 Replies

My little man is in pain. He is six days old and I think we should have circumsized him...they detached the skin yesterday and its tight like a rubber band around him...my poor baby...my husband is at the doctors office now and they are trying to help him. I feel so much guilt.

***They fixed it!!!! I am so relieved. To answer a few questions...his skin was detached yesterday and then was naturally too tight...it regrew over night or wasn't detached all the way making it do what it did. We will get a 2nd opinion tomorrow and go from there.***Thank you Ladies.

***2nd Update*** Just wanted to update to answer your questions. I DID mean that they retracted it. We were going on the advice of our peditrician...we brought him in and asked him how we were suppose to care for it (our little man had his diaper off) and all of a sudden he pulled it back. He didn't let us know he was going to do it at all! I started bawling my eyes out...there was blood and my little man was screaming (obviously in pain). We were furious. Then the skin either wasn't retracted all the way or it grew back when the foreskin was down (we are not 100% sure). Needless to say we took our DS to a new peditrician this morning. He looked at it and assured us it was ok. He gave us instructions for caring for it. He told us although it should have not been done that our DS will be ok. I am seriously still really pissed off at our old peditrician and we will NEVER go back to him. I mean seriously...who does that without asking or even saying anything??? So now you know the entire story...which I couldn't type before because I was too upset. Thank you Ladies for your support.****

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chels210
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Poor little guy.....hope he feels better soon.  

MissiHampt
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:50 PM

So, the foreskin is just naturally too tight?  Or it was detached for whatever reason and is now causing problems?

Missi....loving wife to Jason, mommy to Ricky (1-12-05), and soon to be mommy to Logan Douglas (due Feb 2010).  I'm a cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding till baby wants to quit, homeschooling, non-circumcising, anti-cry it out, part time working, animal loving, trashy romance novel reading, farm raised hillbilly.  I have had Meningitis and Swine Flu and lived to tell about it.  Any questions?

callmemommyof3

then why dont you?? most drs will do it up til they are 1 month. my son has a problem with his and is actually getting circumsized on the 9th. he just turned 2..

Amy4045

Could you still have it done? I had my youngest son's done in the pediatricians office when he was almost a week old. 

Poor little man! I hope he feels better soon! 

mommaboudreaux
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:51 PM

I agree, I would have it done now.  It isn't too late.

aimige
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:52 PM

Joey was a week old when we had his done because the hospital with the NICU didn't do them.

retsillacam
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:52 PM

he's only 6 days old, circumcise him if you want.

mamivon2
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Im not sure but some insurance only cover the first two days after that you have to pay it yourself

MissiHampt
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:55 PM

Lots of insurance companies don't cover it at all.  But if he has a medical reson for needing it, they might be persuaded to cover it.

Quoting mamivon2:

Im not sure but some insurance only cover the first two days after that you have to pay it yourself

Missi....loving wife to Jason, mommy to Ricky (1-12-05), and soon to be mommy to Logan Douglas (due Feb 2010).  I'm a cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding till baby wants to quit, homeschooling, non-circumcising, anti-cry it out, part time working, animal loving, trashy romance novel reading, farm raised hillbilly.  I have had Meningitis and Swine Flu and lived to tell about it.  Any questions?

usmclife58
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:57 PM

It happens. Don't feel guilty. If you still want to get it done, you can. In fact, at 8 days old is the best time. I can't remember why off hand, but I can get the info if you would like. Anyway, maybe they can "fix" things without having to circ him if you still prefer to keep uncut :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)