Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ped doesn't have H1N1 vaccine

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:58 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm so relieved, my son's ped doesn't have the H1N1 vaccine available.  This relieves me because he keeps complaining of headaches, so I may have to take him in.  Since they don't even have it, she isn't going to be able to bring it up, other than to mention, "bring him back for it," to which I can just nod and smile and not even get into the discussion with her.  :)
I respect EVERYBODY'S decision on the subject and fully understand those wanting to vaccinate.  It just isn't the right decision for us and I'm glad I'm not even going to have to worry about it since they don't even have it.

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MonicasMommy
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:59 PM

ok

Ziggy-Stardust
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:00 PM

K.. even if they did have it you could just say no. 

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

mom2ljh
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:03 PM

I could, and then have her pressure me to do it anyway, b/c that is how it goes with the seasonal flu vaccine with her.  Don't get me wrong, she's great, we just don't see eye to eye on this one issue.

Quoting Ziggy-Stardust:

Ziggy-Stardust
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:04 PM

I understand. When i refused chicken pocks the nurse made me feel so stupid. Just try to stand your ground :)

Quoting mom2ljh:

I could, and then have her pressure me to do it anyway, b/c that is how it goes with the seasonal flu vaccine with her.  Don't get me wrong, she's great, we just don't see eye to eye on this one issue.

Quoting Ziggy-Stardust:

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

mom2ljh
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Yeah, that's the only reason I'm so thrilled they don't have it, LOL.  If it were a simple, "No, we'll pass," and the response was, "Ok," then I wouldn't care whether they had it in stock or not, LOL.

Quoting Ziggy-Stardust:

I understand. When i refused chicken pocks the nurse made me feel so stupid. Just try to stand your ground :)

anikahaynes1
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:11 PM
Yeah when I took my dd in for her  6 mo check up, they didn't have it in their office yet...and told me to call back later and ask if they got it in yet or not...but now all 3 of us (both kids) and I have runny noses, a cough, and well I dont know about them but I am just EXHAUSTED....so I have been debating on calling to get us tested or not...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)