Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

neighbor kids?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:03 PM
  • 7 Replies

we just moved to this neighborhood about 2 months ago. It is a decent quiet neighborhood. Sunday a lil girl I have seen riding her scooter around came and asked to play with our 4 yr old DD. We let her in they played and later I told her it was time for her to leave b/c we were having dinner. The next day me and DD were cleaning her room, and I found toys that had the lil girls name written on them. I was MAD! The girl is 6, had no manners here, and she wrote on my DD's toys??? So fast forward to today, she comes back, me and dd were making a late lunch and I hear someone trying to open my door. Its her. She asks if she can play, I say No Alexus is grounded she can't have company. She asks again. Again I say no. She leaves. 5 mins later comes back and asks if she can come in and if I will feed her what DD is having..I think what if she is hungry, and they don't have food? So I fed her and after told her to go home b/c DD is grounded. I had to tell her 10 times before she left. I don't mind kids coming to play, but don't tear up our property and have some respect if you are in my house. So was I wrong to send her home? What are your rules with kids coming over??

ADDED She is 6 and she rides all over the neighborhood on her scooter ALONE! No one watching her. I have never even seen her parents the whole time i have been here

ADDED AGAIN: She just came back and rang doorbell a dozen times before I could get to the door. She says my mom and dad said I could watch TV. I said not here. Alexus can't play..She asks a few more times before she leaves! GRRRRR

pregnancy due date

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momaof8
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:08 PM

I would make a point to meet her parents.

Check out my book http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Yes-They-Are-All-Mine/Linda-Dyson/e/9781438909295/?itm=3   You can help save lives check it out !

reading

shyannsmomma
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:11 PM

I "heard" they are druggies and not good people. Again I have never seen them that is just what I heard. I feel bad for her it is 69 degrees and she is wearing a dress and flats. No tights or jacket. I am torn. Maybe to soft hearted I dunno

pregnancy due date

Gender Prediction

hardworker876
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:12 PM

There is alot of kids like that around here .. sometimes I think I'm the only parent that cares. We got a used bike for a little girl b/c her pedal was broken and she never wears shoes .. it was cutting her feet up ... oh and we got her a pair of shoes too. While her mother sits around talking on her cell phone.. if she is even outside ... the little girl is 4 years old.

mzbarker2
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:18 PM

I have had a similar problem here.  Only this little boy was 9 and mine was 4.  I finally told him he was too old.  Best excuse I could come up with. He would just come over and start playing in our yard.  Finally my 16 yr old dd told him to go away.  Too old, too weird!  Then, we were having a yard sale and kid comes around, tell him to leave and he has like a heat stroke, and lays on the sidewalk and this happend again  a couple of days later . Both times my dh gave him some water and told his sister to take him home. Ive never seen this kids parents, dont even know where this kid lives.  But update is I think he moved so no prob this summer!  Mine gets along with the little boy next door, but neighbor just turned 4, my son 5.6.  Which sometimes leads to a problem, and he doesnt mind   in my houseeither!  Sometimes a problem, but we just have to deal, Neighbors and all!!  lol

single_and_preg
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Quoting shyannsmomma:

I "heard" they are druggies and not good people. Again I have never seen them that is just what I heard. I feel bad for her it is 69 degrees and she is wearing a dress and flats. No tights or jacket. I am torn. Maybe to soft hearted I dunno

A little off topic but if its 69 degrees i wouldnt put a jacket on my kid either.

shyannsmomma
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:24 PM

sorry its 66 and its pretty darn chilly for california weather. we are wearing hoodies and shoes and pants..

Quoting single_and_preg:

Quoting shyannsmomma:

A little off topic but if its 69 degrees i wouldnt put a jacket on my kid either.

pregnancy due date

Gender Prediction

mom2ljh
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't have let her play the first time without meeting her parents.  You absolutely weren't wrong.

Amanda ~ Mommy to my little miracle Landon Joel
born 6 weeks too soon~6-21-07, former refluxer, multiple food allergies, verbal regression, and the coolest kid on the block.

Then                                           Now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)