Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I REFUSE TO LET HIM EAT! EDIT*UPDATE 10-30-09

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:13 PM
  • 140 Replies

I REFUSED TO LET ME SON EAT ANYTHING SINCE 10 A.M. THIS MORNING IN THE HOPES THAT HE WOULD EAT SUPPER. THAT MEANS NO COOKIES NO SNACKS NO NOTHING, AND HE STILL WILL NOT EAT SUPPER. HE JUST WANTS TO DRINK PEDIASURE FOR SUPPER. HE'S A YEAR AND A HALF NOW AND HAS STARTED WAKING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT CRYING FOR ANOTHER PEDIASURE. HE IS USING THIS DRINK AS A CRUTCH. WHAT DO I DO? I'M NOT GETTING UP WITH HIM TONIGHT! HE HAS GOT TO EAT SOMETHING. THIS IS INSANE!

HE ONLY EATS BREAKFAST AND LATELY HE ONLY WANTS A BISCUIT. NOTHING ELSE. HE CAN'T LIVE OFF BREAD ALONE! HELP HELP HELP!

If he had gotten hungry for REAL food I would have allowed him to eat. I'm not inhumane, he went from 10-5 or so w/ out eating. It is now 7:40 PM and I am sitting at the table w/ his plate offering him a bite every 3-5 minutes and he is still not eating. That shows he has NO APPETITE today at all. I have a large selection of foods on this plate so it's not like Im trying to feed him something he hates. 

On the plate is potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, cream corn, pork chop, and a bite of biscuit. (bc he will fill up on bread if I give him more than a bite)  

10-30-09 UPDATE

OKAY, THIS MORNING HE WOKE UP WANTING *GASP* PEDIASURE. I MADE OATMEAL AND REFUSED TO GIVE IN TO THE PEDIASURE SUGAR ADDICT FIT. HE CRIED FOR AN HOUR! JUST BEFORE I WAS READY TO CAVE AND GIVE HIM THE STUPID DRINK I TOLD HIM HE HAD TO TAKE AT LEAST ONE BITE. HE DIDNT WANT TO BUT I STUCK A LITTLE ON HIS LIP SO HE COULD LICK IT OFF AND SEE IT'S NOT POISON AND IT ACTUALLY TASTES PRETTY GOOD. GUESS WHAT, HE FINALLY ATE! (MAYBE HE DIDN'T KNOW HOW CLOSE I WAS TO GIVING IN LOL) WE ALSO WENT SHOPPING TODAY AND HE PICKED OUT SOME HEALTHY FOODS IN "COOL" PACKAGING. HE LICKED A PEACH TONIGHT. WOULD NOT EAT IT, I GUESS HE DOESN'T LIKE THE TEXTURE BUT AT LEAST HE LICKED IT A FEW TIMES. LOL. HE ALSO ATE A LITTLE LUNCH (PB SANDWICH AND HALF A BANANA) AND FOR SUPPER HE ATE HALF A GRILLED CHEESE. (WOULD NOT EAT THE VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP) THESE MAY NOT BE THE BEST CHOICES IM SURE THERE ARE HEALTHIER ONES OUT THERE BUT IM HAPPY HE IS EATING AGAIN. 

THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE AND HELPFUL HINTS. (THE PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA SANDWICH WORKED!) HALFING THE PEDIASURE W/ MILK ALSO WORKED AND I THINK WE CAN WEAN OFF THE PEDIASURE USING THAT METHOD. 

TO THE BASHERS: YOU REALLY WEREN'T ANY HELP AT ALL AND YOU ALL REALLY NEED TO GET A LIFE. WOMEN DONT POST ON CAFE MOM ASKING FOR ADVICE FOR YOU TO CALL THEM NAMES. IF SOMEONE ASKS FOR HELP IT IS OBVIOUS THEY KNOW THERE IS A PROBLEM AND THEY ARE TRYING TO CORRECT IT.

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvingrl
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. please ladies! help me out!

boyx3
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:17 PM

He'll eat when he gets hungry!  Don't fall into the pediasure mess.  My sister used to give her daughter Instant breakfast when she wouldn't eat and then it turned into her dd not eating so she could have the "shake" instead. She did it until she was 5. She still eats horribly!

I wish I could offer you some solid advice as to how to get him to eat, but all I can offer is that warning.

TheTaoOfKim
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:18 PM

1st does his pedi know? 2nd, is he hitting all of his milestones/age markers? 3rd, why is he getting pediasure?

Is he cutting any teeth? 

luvingrl
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Yea, I see now that giving him pediasure at night is a bad idea. (but he won't drink milk) I'm at a loss here. I swear he could live off bread and air.

boyx3

Also, when my boys don't want what's for dinner (if its something new that they aren't liking) they get bread.

LavenderMom23

Quit buying pediasure. If it's not in the house he will have to choose something else eventually. He may starve himself for a couple days in protest. But eventually even he will eat.

Stay strong mama

The sin of the century is the loss of the sense of sin.  ~ Father Corapi

http://www.thecatholictreasurechest.com/corapi.htm

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:20 PM

You haven't allowed your infant son to eat since 10 a.m. this morning? Seriously?

Tell me you are joking. I do not care about the reason, that is cruel.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our daughter that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

luvingrl
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Quoting TheTaoOfKim:

1st does his pedi know? 2nd, is he hitting all of his milestones/age markers? 3rd, why is he getting pediasure?

Is he cutting any teeth? 

We haven't been to the pediatrician since his 12 months shots and as far as I know he is meeting all his milestones okay. (a little speech delay but only because he doesn't WANT to talk not that he CAN"T) And he gets the pediasure because he refuses to drink milk. I figured the pediasure might help with anything he is lacking from not drinking milk.

LavenderMom23
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:22 PM

You seriously misunderstood.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

You haven't allowed your infant son to eat since 10 a.m. this morning? Seriously?

luvingrl
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Quoting AutymsMommy:

If he would eat REAL food I would let him eat. 

yes, I am a cruel horrible mother for refusing to allow my son to eat snacks or pediasure instead of food.

(read the post again)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)