Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not a good day at school ( advice PLEASE)

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:32 PM
  • 23 Replies

So here is a little back story...Romeo has never been to pre-k or daycare in his life. when he started Kinder. this year in Aug. he was having a really hard time getting into it. well to make a long story short and is with a new teacher and doing SO MUCH BETTER. I could not be happier. i mean he is still under grade level but he is showing GREAT improvement everyday. Well it turns out that his teacher was only a temp and the normal teacher came back today. needless to say EVERY SINGLE CHILD ran out of class crying today after school. hubby and I talked to the other parents and no one is happy about this change. so I could really use some ideas on how to keep my little man on track. I will  still be working with him like I have before but this is his 3rd teacher in 3 months and he is really sad that his teacher left. so any ideas ladies????

Photobucket

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenieceMojica
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:34 PM

bump please

Photobucket

Tatum2U
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:36 PM

bump. all I can think of are negative comments so I'll just bump.

thDarwinFis4.jpg picture by kim0921_photo

JenieceMojica
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:36 PM

why would they be negative?

Quoting Tatum2U:

Photobucket

buggersmommy
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:37 PM

talk to some of the other mommies it sounds to odd that all the kids were upset to see the old teacher come back maybe just drop by some day and see what is going on my oldest just started pre-k but she loves it i had to keep her home this week due to a case of brochitis and she was so mad

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/buggersmommy
Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:38 PM

maybe get a petition with the other parents and present to the principal that it was better with the old teacher- that the kids learned more. other than that, no idea. not really sure if they can do anything about it. in my 7th grade, we had a "sub" from the 2nd week into school, kept him til 10 days before school ended in June- all because they didnt want to sign him as fulltime. he was an amazing teacher, but the admin didnt care.

Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:40 PM

WOW 3 teachers in 3 months WOW WTH is going on with that school?

I have no advice becuase I ended up pulling my kids from public school and Homeschooling.

Jenn

JenieceMojica
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:40 PM

no this is the first time the kids have met this teacher.... the sub has been with the kids since day one so they are really sad to see her leave and since its Kinder. to these poor babies they think its like the end of the world and i feel so sad for them....

Quoting buggersmommy:

talk to some of the other mommies it sounds to odd that all the kids were upset to see the old teacher come back maybe just drop by some day and see what is going on my oldest just started pre-k but she loves it i had to keep her home this week due to a case of brochitis and she was so mad

Photobucket

JenieceMojica
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:42 PM

the thought was brought up but we are all being open minded about the new teachewr and we want to give her a fair chance.... its just so hard to see all the kids so sad :0(

Quoting Shy_Dia:

maybe get a petition with the other parents and present to the principal that it was better with the old teacher- that the kids learned more. other than that, no idea. not really sure if they can do anything about it. in my 7th grade, we had a "sub" from the 2nd week into school, kept him til 10 days before school ended in June- all because they didnt want to sign him as fulltime. he was an amazing teacher, but the admin didnt care.

Photobucket

JenieceMojica
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:42 PM

i know its sucks.....

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

WOW 3 teachers in 3 months WOW WTH is going on with that school?

I have no advice becuase I ended up pulling my kids from public school and Homeschooling.

Jenn

Photobucket

Laura1229
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:43 PM

LOL - I agree.  I've got nothing nice to say.  The school sounds like a complete eff up. 

You don't start off a kinder class with a sub - that's just idiotic!  It's a tough transition for them to begin with.. they fall in love with this teacher.... learn to trust her... and then *YANK!*, she's gone & 5 yr olds don't understand why. 

At the VERY least, the kids should've been told from the beginning this teacher was temporary & actions should've been put into place weeks ago to ease the transition including having the new permanent teacher increasingly long visits to the classroom before taking over.

BUT, that's neither here nor there now.  What's done is done.

First, find out WHY all the kids were crying.  Is it just because the old teacher left & they are in shock & sad about it?  If that's the case, the situation may heal itself in time. 

Quoting Tatum2U:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)